Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL GUYS, PAY not as they stated in writting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bingo.

ALPA doesn't really care much about new hires. They don't pay dues yet. That's why pay is so low for first year pilots at most ALPA carriers.

I guess tha dues paid for years on end while in the regionals amounts to nothing huh?

I guess tha dues paid for years on end while in the regionals amounts to nothing huh?

Don't be so sensitive. :eek:

Regional pay is completely wrong and should be raised. Paying some one 18K/yr is beyond wrong, but I'm sure the "big buck" senior guys don't care about the junior guys at the regionals.

You pays due's to this "national" union also and should be treated with the respect you deserve. The truth is, ALPA really doesn't care about the "smaller" airlines. It's just a way to raise money. It's wrong.

Bingo.

ALPA doesn't really care much about new hires. They don't pay dues yet. That's why pay is so low for first year pilots at most ALPA carriers.

I don't agree, ALPA didn't sign the contract the pilots of CAL signed the contract. And you would need to put it into context of when and why. As far as a grievance, new hire or not, I don't think matters. If the company owes money for a job offer written wrong or any other matter I don't think the term "New Hire" is a part of it.

If this is true than ALPA should file an MEC Grievance and fight to get all the pilots who had this offer sent to them and took the job.

My opinion is NO. He took care of his business. He does not need to become a freedom fighter for all the pilots. This would probably cross the line as being a rabelrouser (sp?).

ALPA can't fix stupid. IOW, if your pilot group elects some bad negotiators that bring a bad contract to your pilots to sign, and then they vote it in, how is that ALPA national's fault?

BTW regionals actually get back proportionally more than majors from their dues to help them out.

Now if you're mad about the TWA/AA debaucle I wasn't there and don't know how it was handled so I have no comment there.

ALPA can't fix stupid. IOW, if your pilot group elects some bad negotiators that bring a bad contract to your pilots to sign, and then they vote it in, how is that ALPA national's fault?

BTW regionals actually get back proportionally more than majors from their dues to help them out.

Now if you're mad about the TWA/AA debaucle I wasn't there and don't know how it was handled so I have no comment there.

WTFO !!!!

The whole point of a "national" union is to use that power to get positive change at all airlines. ALPA should set certain standards that all airline should meet. If some one wants to go over those, then that's fine.

My opinion is NO. He took care of his business. He does not need to become a freedom fighter for all the pilots. This would probably cross the line as being a rabelrouser (sp?).

This ins't one pilot this would is an MEC filing a grievance on behalf of the pilots, some yet to be named.

WTFO !!!!

The whole point of a "national" union is to use that power to get positive change at all airlines. ALPA should set certain standards that all airline should meet. If some one wants to go over those, then that's fine.

I agree with you completely. I hope we can figure out a way to make this happen. The problem seems to be that every pilot group talks big but either doesn't want to wait the time it takes to get to a good contract or put their a@@es on the line and go out on strike when the time comes.

Maybe enough guys have realized that if you keep giving a little back each time you sign a deal in the end you wind up working for nothing.

Latest resources

Back