• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal ecpected to cave on scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The answer should not only be no, but hell no, and don't ask again.

I know some of the weak-sister cowards at the top of the seniority list might want to cave just to eek out a few more years before they retire and leave the wreckage behind, but don't listen to them.

I wish someone could explain to me why NW ALPA let the Steenland rub their faces in the dirt with the Compass thing.

The APA caved-in on letting American Eagle even exist to their very great regret, but so far has rejected any further destruction of their members careers by regional outfit out-sourcers.

It's high time that the ALPA MECs grow some gonads and quit letting management bend them over the barrel.

Last edited:
Jetflier,
Quit being so negative. NEWCO was a line in the sand but Compass is different. They are members of our local councils, so when you see all of those pretty new planes, just remember they are part of us(sort of). And you and I will get our chance to fly them, probably sooner than later. YIPPEE

Do Not give an inch on your SCOPE.

We at NWA (not I), gave in on SCOPE and created Compass Airlines.
Nothing personal about CPZ pilots, but month to month we watch CPZ growing while our narrow body cities and growth is being replaced by CPZ jets.

Good deal for the airline, pilot costs are cut in half, bad deal for pilots, watch your jobs fly away...

Jetflier,
Quit being so negative. NEWCO was a line in the sand but Compass is different. They are members of our local councils, so when you see all of those pretty new planes, just remember they are part of us(sort of). And you and I will get our chance to fly them, probably sooner than later. YIPPEE

Compass is no different. ANYTIME an a/c is flown by pilots other than mainline pilots = relaxation in scope

No More Outsourcing Of Mainline Jobs! Period.

As a SkyWester; I hope you stand strong on scope. If there is to be growth in this seat market, I'd rather fly smaller planes for a major than bigger planes for a regional....

Stand Strong, don't sell scope for any amount of money.

Compass in Merger

anybody know what will be compass's future in a delta acquisition???

Not really sure on this one yet.

As it stands right now there is a flowup/flowthrough Letter of Agreement between NWA and Compass. I would guess that Compass, as a wholy owned subsdiary of NWA, is on the balance sheet much like Comair is at Delta. How the flowthourhg agreement transfers is still up in the air. A joint contract between DALPA and NWAALPA would probably address the flowthrough issue.

I don't know if this even begins to answer your question. Pribably just muddies the water even more, but one thing is for sure, those E175's jets are hear to stay and we paid dearly for them in the last POS TA. They are the little darling for the NWA BOD and I am sure it brings a smile to see them parked at our gates everyday.

Good luck to the CAL pilots. It's leverage for you. I hope you hold the line and tell CAL management, in no uncertain terms, that YOU will do that flying. I would think most regional pilots would want this as well.

Do Not give an inch on your SCOPE.

We at NWA (not I), gave in on SCOPE and created Compass Airlines.
Nothing personal about CPZ pilots, but month to month we watch CPZ growing while our narrow body cities and growth is being replaced by CPZ jets.

Good deal for the airline, pilot costs are cut in half, bad deal for pilots, watch your jobs fly away...

You did give up scope...are you surprised that they are growing compass? What did you think they would do?

Latest resources

Back