CAL Aircraft orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BluDevAv8r said:
There hasn't been a new hire yet that has gone from new hire to 777 FO. One or two have been trained on the 777 under a year but none have gone straight to the 777 from the street as far as I know.

-Neal

Then the guy last year on the south street bus who just got back from Narita was lying through his teeth.

JP4user said:
Then the guy last year on the south street bus who just got back from Narita was lying through his teeth.

Ya he must of been. Guys on the bus usually are so honest too.

What I think Neal was saying was that nobody has had the choice of 777 as a new hire, only 737 or 756. That being said, on day one you have the right to put 777 at 100% on your standing bid (I wouldn't, but to each their own.) Come August or February when the vacancies are posted, if you have the seniority then you get it. Those 3 folks at the bottom of the 777 probably got the award on one of the last 2 system bids.

Plug said:
What I think Neal was saying was that nobody has had the choice of 777 as a new hire, only 737 or 756. That being said, on day one you have the right to put 777 at 100% on your standing bid (I wouldn't, but to each their own.) Come August or February when the vacancies are posted, if you have the seniority then you get it. Those 3 folks at the bottom of the 777 probably got the award on one of the last 2 system bids.

That is exactly what I was saying.

-Neal

COpilot said:
The bottom 3 guys in EWR B77 FO are '05 hire.

Actually, only 1 of the bottom 3 are '05 hires and he was in the 113 group and actually posts on this forum from time to time. :) The other 2 were hired in 2001, furloughed, then recalled in 2005.

-Neal

While I realize the mystic that so many people have with the 777, realize also that it only goes to a handful of places. London, Paris, India, and China come to mind. Plus you'll be an IRO forever!!! There are 3 times as many FO's on the 777 as there are CA's. As a recent newhire onto the 756, I'm doing my fair share of IRO and deadheading. At least I have TONS more variety. For me personally, 756 is perfect and I've got no plans whatsoever of bidding of these great airplanes until I can hold a captain slot on at least a 737. But, to each his own.

Doesnt hurt that your locked in the 756 for a couple years either....:) (less upgrading to the 777 of course)

I like you plan on hanging out on my current equip for awhile. Would love to fly the 756 but enjoying the flexiblility and seniority on the 737. (54 percent after only a year.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back