CAL Aircraft orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
venr122 said:
Doesnt hurt that your locked in the 756 for a couple years either....:) (less upgrading to the 777 of course)

I like you plan on hanging out on my current equip for awhile. Would love to fly the 756 but enjoying the flexiblility and seniority on the 737. (54 percent after only a year.)

No no no .... I think you should go to the 756. I hear the flying is awesome! :D

KozzyCFI said:
While I realize the mystic that so many people have with the 777, realize also that it only goes to a handful of places. London, Paris, India, and China come to mind. Plus you'll be an IRO forever!!! There are 3 times as many FO's on the 777 as there are CA's. As a recent newhire onto the 756, I'm doing my fair share of IRO and deadheading. At least I have TONS more variety. For me personally, 756 is perfect and I've got no plans whatsoever of bidding of these great airplanes until I can hold a captain slot on at least a 737. But, to each his own.

I personally like the productivity on the 777. Yes only a few places but more than half are 25-31hr 3 or 4 days. Jr. lineholders can generally hold 18 days off. It looks like, at least initially, pbs is going to be spreading out the flying on the 777 so days off will still be good but total line values will be lower for all but the very top. Being an IRO on the 777 isn't so bad. You will find an iro trip to anywhere besides Europe is more senior than a flying trip to Europe. When deadheading you are almost always offered a bunk as well by the CA. I've only been on it for a few months but see myself sitting on it for a while. I have been making more than if I had bid 737 ca reserve but that is going to change with pbs I am sure. fwiw

ks

BluDevAv8r said:
Actually, only 1 of the bottom 3 are '05 hires and he was in the 113 group and actually posts on this forum from time to time. :) The other 2 were hired in 2001, furloughed, then recalled in 2005.

-Neal

I'm sorry went to staffing a saw Emp#, did not follow up with the seniority list. Thank you.

COpilot said:
I'm sorry went to staffing a saw Emp#, did not follow up with the seniority list. Thank you.

No problem...just wanted to clarify for the rest of those reading.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back