CAL Aircraft orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MECH

Just announced at the share holders meeting. 10 additional orders for 787's total orders now at 20. Some of these new aircraft will replace 767-200. Also ordering an additional 24 NG737. They plan on parking some 737-300, but no exact number.

The 787s are going to replace the 767-200s? They're brand new. Gordon had them open up the -200 line in the late 90s, just so he could get them.

re:787 info

This might be a stupid question but will they be putting new hires into the right seat of the 787 or are all new hires going into the 73/75? Thanks.

RedheadCFI said:
This might be a stupid question but will they be putting new hires into the right seat of the 787 or are all new hires going into the 73/75? Thanks.

Since they are not comming for a few more years the magic 8 ball says ask again later..................

I don't know of anyone going strait to the 777 yet so I doubt it.

Last edited:
;)Be patient grasshopper~! Get the interview first, get offered a job and THEN worry about what you will fly!! I would love to fly whatever they want me to fly!

Tomct said:
;)Be patient grasshopper~! Get the interview first, get offered a job and THEN worry about what you will fly!! I would love to fly whatever they want me to fly!
You and me both man........just wanting to get the interview :(

JP4user said:
Two guys did very early on in the hiring.

There hasn't been a new hire yet that has gone from new hire to 777 FO. One or two have been trained on the 777 under a year but none have gone straight to the 777 from the street as far as I know.

-Neal

Just curious, I'm a low timer so bare with me here. Got 920/150. I might get a job if all goes well for the interview with Commute Air for Beech 1900D's Would I be thinking realisticly to be flying for continental in a few years, grab a bunch of turbine time, a good amount PIC, and get hired with Continental? Since they do feeder for continental, does that help? I heard I have to get jet time in order to even get considered, just wondering if thats true.
Thanks

Gelopilot79 said:
Just curious, I'm a low timer so bare with me here. Got 920/150. I might get a job if all goes well for the interview with Commute Air for Beech 1900D's Would I be thinking realisticly to be flying for continental in a few years, grab a bunch of turbine time, a good amount PIC, and get hired with Continental? Since they do feeder for continental, does that help? I heard I have to get jet time in order to even get considered, just wondering if thats true.
Thanks

In the end you have to know somebody to get considered. Really doesn't matter how or where you get your time. There are alot of people with thousands of 121 PIC and multiple internal references that are still waiting for a call. Just something to consider in this tough job market.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back