Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Business Week: Double Digit Inflation in 2009 (bye bye more jobs)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hah hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah!

Good one! Nothing like adding a trillion dollars of entitlements while simultaneously raising capital gains taxes to fight inflation!

Mind boggling, really. Congress has a 9% approval rating yet 1/2 of all Americans can't wait to fork over all their $$$ in return for more ********************ty government programs.

Show me where the republicans have not gotten us way over our head in debt every single year during their leadership since Ronald Reagan. The only years with decreasing deficits and surpluses were during the clinton administration. 8 of the last 28 years were the only ones where there seemed to be a turn in the tide. The numbers don't lie. The republican parties platform of lower taxes for increase revenue and fiscal responsibility is a hoax. It isn't the reality of their policies at all.

Show me where the republicans have not gotten us way over our head in debt every single year during their leadership since Ronald Reagan. The only years with decreasing deficits and surpluses were during the clinton administration. 8 of the last 28 years were the only ones where there seemed to be a turn in the tide. The numbers don't lie. The republican parties platform of lower taxes for increase revenue and fiscal responsibility is a hoax. It isn't the reality of their policies at all.

With the exception of the tax cuts of 8 years ago and non-stop "emergency" war funding, the Congress of the past 8 years has failed to pass any meaningful legislation. In 2004 GW made a huge push ("I have capital and I mean to spend it") to address one of the more pressing runaway entitlement scams . . social security.

Blocked at all times by dems (of course). Plenty of fingers to go around here, and both parties have been perfectly happy to run up deficits via entitlements with abandon.

Obama has proposed tax raises, true. But he has also proposed at least a TRILLION dollars in new entitlement spending, and there ain't no way some minor tax changes are going to cover it. He's gonna borrow til the US credit rating is junk and every child in America will have no future other than servicing the debt of his parents and granparents.

IMHO.

+1

Only the people who over bought a lifestyle have a crisis.

That's a partial truth. No doubt there are some who lived high on the hog and outside their current means. I imagine these to be folks who have good college-educated careers and live a stable middle to upper-middle class lifestyle. The more you make the more you spend. They will slide, but not as much as the udnerclass and those just above it, like working class and pink collar workers.

But there are plenty who live hand to mouth and are exponentially affected by this spiralling economy. It's these folks who are REALLY hurt during times of crisis. those who don't have savings, rich families, etc. becasue they don't have a large salary. There is not much breathing room for these folks. The slip into poverty is quite quicker for these individuals than it is for the worrisome career couple who owns their own home and has stocks, assests, 2nd homes etc. Granted, their lifestyle will take an impact, but nothing like those who are much less fortunate in this country.

They are the ones who will be hit hardest during times of crisis. They're also the ones who were preyed upon by predatory lenders.

Last edited:
So the choice is higher taxes or have McCain go "full Cabotage all over our a$$e$".

I am no expert, but I think that's exactly what he is thinking. It's a quick fix to the airline problem and the passenger won't care until they realize that Air China is the dominant airline in the U.S.

Our fighting machine is tired and too broken down to offer any longterm serious resistance in Georgia.
It would also be opening a second front, which we couldn't support for any appreciable length of time.

It would also be opening a second front, which we couldn't support for any appreciable length of time.

Resistance in Georgia? To whom, the Georgians who caused this in the hopes of dragging us into yet another 500 year old land dispute? :laugh: Russia can do whatever it wants now, who's going to stop them, us? Right. Good for the Russians, who right now are cracking up at us replacing them in Afghanistan...the jokes on us.

8 of the last 28 years were the only ones where there seemed to be a turn in the tide.

Last time I checked the Republicans controlled congress for 6 of those 8 years. People like John Kasich and Dick Armey kept Clinton's spending proclivities in check. When Kasich left, the Hastert-led Republicans went on their drunken spending binge which resulted in a well deserved debacle in 2006.

If spending is your main issue, then McCain has proven he will reduce spending, and get rid of earmarks. If you want more goverment benefits for people that don't pay taxes, more government regulation, more government programs, and more taxes then vote for Obama.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back