Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Business Week: Double Digit Inflation in 2009 (bye bye more jobs)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember folks, the "news" is whatever those that produce it want it to be. There is a movie produced in 1976 called "Network" that basically satirizes the big network TV stations. Essentially they do all sorts of crazy stuff including killing people on TV purely for ratings and Advertising dollars.

Just like this "discussion" board, Media outlets are another medium for entertainment. Some people watch reality shows, some watch CSI, and some watch Network Television or in this case reading incendiary magazine articles.

i remember my Dad telling me that the Soviets were for sure going to nuke us in the 1950's, then the Saudis were going to kill us and destroy the economy during the Carter Years with the Oil embargo. Now it's "global warming"
Honestly, I'm not worrried at all. The world will continue to function ok.

Besides just like flying, peole tend to make irrational decisions when they're hysterical. Relax, compartmentalize the info and make a sound decision. You'll almost always make a better one.

So the choice is higher taxes or have McCain go "full Cabotage all over our a$$e$".

After much deliberation I can afford the extra 1 1/2 percent.

.....the extra 1 1/2 percent (try 5+ percent) plus whaterer is going to be required to fund the next war when our enemies press to test....

Amish RakeFight said:
How much more can Americans endure before they reach a psychological and emotional breaking point?

Only in our spoiled modern society can a comment like that be made, and be made seriously.

Our country will be much better off when the economy isn't reliant on Joe Q. Citizen spending money he doesn't have, and going tens of thousands into debt, to maintain an inflated quality of living.

God help us if we REALLY get into a genuine "crisis" in this country...

.....the extra 1 1/2 percent (try 5+ percent) plus whaterer is going to be required to fund the next war when our enemies press to test....

Too bad nobody is funding the current wars...let alone the future ones.

If we were REALLY serious about this, as a country, there would be gasoline and metal rationing, war bonds, etc. Genuine shared sacrifice. Can't be having that though - God forbid we temporarily sacrifice our quality of living toward a common goal!

Collectively, as a country we're all too busy watching "The Soup" on E! to pay attention to what's actually going on...

Only in our spoiled modern society can a comment like that be made, and be made seriously.

Very true. I've come to expect a certain standard which would be laughable in most parts of the world. But it is a standard I feel is being yanked from underneath me. We in America do have it better in many ways, yet we take it for granted as it becomes a standard. It feels like the American way of life is not so nice and appealing any more.

Perhaps my folks have felt similar times, but now that I'm well beyond young adult, this economic climate scares the crap out of me. I worry constantly about my future. The future is BLEAK.

Amish RakeFight said:
Perhaps my folks have felt similar times, but now that I'm well beyond young adult, this economic climate scares the crap out of me. I worry constantly about my future. The future is BLEAK.

Why are you scared?

Why do you feel the future is, as you say, "BLEAK"?

As you posted earlier, fear is a powerful motivator...don't fall into that trap. You don't have to be naively optimistic to not be afraid...

....I'm really worried.....This Sheeeet ain't funny no more....

This is why I don't understand why pilots support Obama. He is going to raise taxes and choke the economy and he's liked because he speaks well? He is telling you that you are going to he!! and he's got most Americans are looking forward to the trip. Then, when the economy is near death, he'll blame it on the previous administration. How many furloughs/ bankruptcies do we need for the pilot group to wake up? History will show 9/11 to be economic paradise compared to this and we fell asleep at the wheel. Maybe we just aren't hungry anymore.

This is why I don't understand why pilots support Obama. He is going to raise taxes and choke the economy and he's liked because he speaks well? He is telling you that you are going to he!! and he's got most Americans are looking forward to the trip. Then, when the economy is near death, he'll blame it on the previous administration. How many furloughs/ bankruptcies do we need for the pilot group to wake up? History will show 9/11 to be economic paradise compared to this and we fell asleep at the wheel. Maybe we just aren't hungry anymore.

Obama, Mccain, I don't think either will make any huge difference not to mention neither of them were my first choice.

What I sincerely don't understand is the fed, why the hell are interest rates still so low with the dollar sagging and inflation well past the 'danger will robinson' phase? All I ever hear about is that raising the rates to combat the inflation will 'upset' the market...hmm. So our entire economy is based upon some schmuk's daily moods? I couldn't be more sick of hearing about the daily 'emotions' of wall street.

The fed should've raised rates some time ago and killed the ridiculous bubble on our own terms rather than letting it get to the point of collapse.

I keep reading good stuff for 09. the last five downturns have seen comebacks 24 months from the bottom. the end of 09 is supppose to be the prpojected comeback. in all 5 comebacks the S & P 500 soared over 20% in the first year... for me the glass is half full.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back