Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Business Week: Double Digit Inflation in 2009 (bye bye more jobs)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And yet you republicans won't acknowledge that our economy is failing, and doing so under a long term republican administration. Some how, you think that the same policies that got us into this mess will somehow make everything great under mccain.

You guys need to check out Peter Schiff's brokerage
http://www.europac.net/
He has all sorts of foreign investment vehicles that will help you protect your wealth. His firm is a full service brokerage that specialize in foreign investing, as well as commodities.
Inflation will be the big bear in these coming years.

If you don't want to switch brokerages, then tell your current financial adviser (if you have one) that you no longer want to invest in dollar dominated assets. Most of them will look at you like you're crazy, but once you explain that you are deathly afraid of inflation, you might be able to plot a sound strategy.

As far as exit plans, many people become afraid when this discussion begins. However, it's always smart to be prepared. Lots of countries offer dual citizenships, etc.

"To be fore warned, is to be fore armed."

the consumer is obviously broke... look at what happened to oil prices once everyone changed their habits.

that said, We fuel china's economy too much not to have their cooperation.

We can't spend 490 billion a year we don't have... can't do it.... Look for IOUSA soon at your theatre... saw a preview on late night talk and this might be the wake up call for joe american. throw the bums out & enact term limits... it's the only way our system will survive

Last edited:
And yet you republicans won't acknowledge that our economy is failing, and doing so under a long term republican administration. Some how, you think that the same policies that got us into this mess will somehow make everything great under mccain.

Got us into this mess? This started with the Robber Barons in the late 1800's.

The 16th Amendment. The creation of the Federal Reserve. Leaving the Gold Standard. What we're seeing is the CULMINATION of decades of backroom deals and 'big-picture' plans.

"Haliburton and Cheney" are a pebble on the side of the Mt. St. Helen's of corruption and selling out this country.

It's BOTH parties (and you could probably implicate some Whigs and Federalists, too if you went back far enough...) and no parties. Those complicit in the destruction of the dream of the United States of America have no party loyalty--they have the big picture.

Educate yourselves. :rolleyes: TC

Got us into this mess? This started with the Robber Barons in the late 1800's.

The 16th Amendment. The creation of the Federal Reserve. Leaving the Gold Standard. What we're seeing is the CULMINATION of decades of backroom deals and 'big-picture' plans.

"Haliburton and Cheney" are a pebble on the side of the Mt. St. Helen's of corruption and selling out this country.

It's BOTH parties (and you could probably implicate some Whigs and Federalists, too if you went back far enough...) and no parties. Those complicit in the destruction of the dream of the United States of America have no party loyalty--they have the big picture.

Educate yourselves. :rolleyes: TC

Couldn't agree more.

But one thing we can stop is the idea the military intervention is the answer to all of our problems.

People aren't angry enough, though. They forget. They bury thousands and then they let it go.

It's sad.

"Pebble on the side of Mount St. Helens." I'm gonna use that line again someday, somewhere. Love it.

Of course, you're too young to remember when St. Helens blew in 1980.

Bai--I was a senior at Butler U. when St. Helen's went off AND I had my commercial license when the picture in your avatar happened. Although I wasn't at the game. ;)

NOW, I just heard "investors are concerned because the drop in demand experienced in the U.S. may spread to the rest of the world". Boo-friggin' hoo!

What, is Goldman afraid they won't make their billions on their futures contracts? Don't worry, your politicians will bail them out. :angryfire

TC

AA-
all that since the 1800's was the most ridiculous excuse i've heard yet. We've had the greatest standard of living yet- and the latest corruption is not insignificant.
But hey -- when you're caught supporting the corrupt, just point out how the world's been corrupt for a while and that makes it alright...
good lord...
educate yourself, sir and stop supporting those that do NOT support us.

Latest resources

Back