• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bullet holes in cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you query your flight attendants next time you fly as to whether they would appreciate a pilot that would stand up and fight for their safety, or you, who would crawl up into the fetal position and beg to be left unharmed?

Why do guys even attempt to reply to an idiot like Crash Pad? He's just trying to get a little bit of attention and you're falling for it. Let him be an a$$ and ignore him.

Come on! I'm on a fishing expidition and it is going well... Stop scaring the fish.

Your fishing expedition somehow began as a series of long-winded replies, often containing several paragraphs and even numbered lists. You still remain the top poster in this thread by almost 200%.

You, sir, are truly dedicated to your cause. Cheers.

-Brett

Your fishing expedition somehow began as a series of long-winded replies, often containing several paragraphs and even numbered lists. You still remain the top poster in this thread by almost 200%.

You, sir, are truly dedicated to your cause. Cheers.

-Brett

Good point. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Sorry forgot the wings.

9/11! Remember 9/11 wins all arguments. Why did we not arm pilots before 9/11. I think planes were hijacked before 9/11. Tom Clancy thought of putting them into buildings.

My guess, and again just guessing, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. If it was really a good idea, it would be part of training and mandatory. Instead it is a voluntary program for weekend warriors to look tough and carry a badge.

Crash pad, you guess...again and again and again....and you're way off base once again. Weekend warriors? I'm pretty sure my schedule shows 18 days of work this month...

Make no mistake, I take no pride or joy in bringing up something that killed thousands of people, and I wouldn't bring it up except for the fact that it's pretty much changed our industry and our world since then.

We surely wouldn't have put any guns into any cockpits had there never been a 9/11.

It's not about winning arguments simple minded naive village idiot, it's about an unfortunate necessary change. Hell I don't think guns should be necessary on planes, but unforunately that's the world we're livin' in today. If guns shouldn't be on planes, then why in the hell do we even need Federal Air Marshals? If you ask me, I'm sure the job is quite boring but they seem to have a reason for doing it. The FFDO program is a federally regulated program with specifically designed training for pilots who decide to do something other than wish they could have. Why would the government bother with such a program?

Maybe they should ask your opinion since you seem to have it all figured out.....haha...nah...F%)#* that.

I love annoying FFDO's so let me start again.

1. What rational person does this program?

2. Why are so many new FO's... FFDO's? What about the around the block 8 year captain?

3. Why do you never see the grizzled captain who has been in the industry since the 70's with a gun?

4. Why when they tell you that they are an FFDO do you think "Somebody should call the FEDs about standards"?

5. Who else thought when they heard about the accidental discharge... "I was wondering how long that was going to take" or "surprised they didn't hit the guy sitting next to them" or something of the "saw that one coming" variety...

This program cracks me up. BudLight salutes you Mr. Gun Carrying Pilot Guy.

Listen little smart assliberal pile of ********************t. It is yor girl frend hilary and her ilk that require us to fumble ******************** around with this gun. If any othe law enforcement agency had to handle their piece like we do thear would be a corpz a week......so fuq yoo and yoor career killing regional deathtrap you cocq suker

Crash pad, you guess...again and again and again....and you're way off base once again. Weekend warriors? I'm pretty sure my schedule shows 18 days of work this month...

Make no mistake, I take no pride or joy in bringing up something that killed thousands of people, and I wouldn't bring it up except for the fact that it's pretty much changed our industry and our world since then.

We surely wouldn't have put any guns into any cockpits had there never been a 9/11.

It's not about winning arguments simple minded naive village idiot, it's about an unfortunate necessary change. Hell I don't think guns should be necessary on planes, but unforunately that's the world we're livin' in today. If guns shouldn't be on planes, then why in the hell do we even need Federal Air Marshals? If you ask me, I'm sure the job is quite boring but they seem to have a reason for doing it. The FFDO program is a federally regulated program with specifically designed training for pilots who decide to do something other than wish they could have. Why would the government bother with such a program?

Maybe they should ask your opinion since you seem to have it all figured out.....haha...nah...F%)#* that.

The government put federal air marshals on less than one percent of flights.

I hate to be the one to tell you this. 9/11 can happen again tomorrow. Determined terrorists are good at what they do. If you think they couldn't train for a pilot or air marshal with a gun... You are naive.

Another note. The world didn't change on 9/11. You were sold that. Along with a gun and an air marshal and a well dressed TSA agent.

Did Virginia tech or columbine "change the world"... is any college safe. Maybe we need armed professors and student marshals. Answer: No it was a bad event and some times ***t happens.

Things that changed the world: Mass production, Globalization, the internet, WW2, automobile, electricity.

Note: The above list changed the way humans lived. 9/11 didn't change anything. Tell me what is different now?

Why don't you query your flight attendants next time you fly as to whether they would appreciate a pilot that would stand up and fight for their safety, or you, who would crawl up into the fetal position and beg to be left unharmed?

Hey maybe we should take a poll:

Would you prefer:

A. Someone who will stand up for you

B. Someone who will crawl up into the fetal position

So those are the two options. Carry a gun or crawl into the fetal position.

I have a third. Use common sense. Don't live in fear.

Latest resources

Back