Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Traderd

http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-...homes-critics/

Buffett told Fox Business late this afternoon pilots are well compensated. "They're doing well and we're doing well. What we pay is higher than most of our competitors. They have terrific working conditions. If we have an opening, we have lots and lots of people who want to come join us, and we have very few that want to leave. So, it can't be the worst job in the world."

"I have never in all my years been dissatisfied with any NetJets pilots. I'm not sure the union is representative of all the pilots," said Munger.

The talks between the NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots' union and company management have dragged on for nearly two years. When asked by Fox Business Thursday night whether he'd get involved in the contentious discussions to bring about a resolution, Buffett said he would not.

Berkshire Hathaway owns controlling stock in a zillion companies, but only one of those companies had workers picketing in Omaha on May 2.....NetJets.

All the other B-H CEO's manage to keep labor peace, but not Jordan Hansell. He is myoptically shortsighted and is being controlled by his visceral dislike for organized labor instead of sound business practices. It's not like labor wants anything out-landish. Four unions have been negotiating for years and none of them have gotten a raise; all are being threatend with cuts and degradation of working conditions.

Sounds like a man picking a fight to me.

Go figure!

Netjets stole the PR show yesterday, or more appropriately NJASAP did. All the "buzz" was about the picketers.

Last count was over 400 showed up, including a few Flops guys. Thank you for doing so.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-...homes-critics/

Buffett told Fox Business late this afternoon pilots are well compensated. "They're doing well and we're doing well. What we pay is higher than most of our competitors. They have terrific working conditions. If we have an opening, we have lots and lots of people who want to come join us, and we have very few that want to leave. So, it can't be the worst job in the world."

"I have never in all my years been dissatisfied with any NetJets pilots. I'm not sure the union is representative of all the pilots," said Munger.

The talks between the NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots' union and company management have dragged on for nearly two years. When asked by Fox Business Thursday night whether he'd get involved in the contentious discussions to bring about a resolution, Buffett said he would not.

Notice how Buffett sidestepped any mention of concessions from the employees?

I wish the reporters would ask him direct and tough questions that don't allow him to sidestep the real issue. For example - Why do you need concessions from the employees when you are reporting record profits?

Notice how Buffett sidestepped any mention of concessions from the employees?

I wish the reporters would ask him direct and tough questions that don't allow him to sidestep the real issue. For example - Why do you need concessions from the employees when you are reporting record profits?

Perhaps the reporter and their readers do not feel that is an important question to ask, since the vast, vast majority of working people pay a share of their healthcare.

Perhaps the reporter and their readers do not feel that is an important question to ask, since the vast, vast majority of working people pay a share of their healthcare.

Your post would be appropriate if paying for healthcare was the only concession the company is seeking.

The original point is still valid - NetJets is seeking concessions from the employees while reporting record profits. That is unusual and worthy of a direct question as to why they are doing it.

How many other companies out there do you see seeking concessions from the employees while reporting record profits?

And you are advocating full participation in the charge to the bottom?

Sounds like it.

No, not at all. Remember, I'm not a pilot, so I've already been paying a portion for some time now. And contrary to popular belief, I did not have to move to section 8 housing, sell my boat or my car, get a second job to make ends meet, or even switch to cocoa spheres instead of cocoa puffs. But it's all just a part of the dance you guys are in right now.

Latest resources

Back