• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last I looked, I am a professional pilot. My compensation should not demand the need for:

1. A second job to make ends meet.
2. Coupons at the grocery store.
3. Choosing off brand items, eating at Mickey D's, eating out of a food bag, etc

I demand a professional wage for my skills. Don't sell yourself short. Nice job to the 400 plus pilots who stood up for OUR profession this past weekend.

I like the real deal Coco Puffs...

No, not at all. Remember, I'm not a pilot, so I've already been paying a portion for some time now. And contrary to popular belief, I did not have to move to section 8 housing, sell my boat or my car, get a second job to make ends meet, or even switch to cocoa spheres instead of cocoa puffs. But it's all just a part of the dance you guys are in right now.

I forget what department you are in. Scheduling or dispatch?

you are correct, you are not a pilot. Any one of the 3000 pilots could walk into your job and have it figured out with a day or two ( conclusion: you pay for medical)....

I doubt many in your department could safely and correctly start an APU with the first day.(conclusion: pilots don't pay for medical)

Like it or not you are lower on the food chain.

What all you department types should realize... No matter how smart you think you all are with your meetings, grids, computers, emails etc.... No pilots, no company.. Planes don't fly by themselves or even with moonlighting 172 PPL Weekend warriors.

Wanna know why pilots tend to live in bigger houses, have better benefits and demand certain things...

Because they've earned it.

No, not at all. Remember, I'm not a pilot, so I've already been paying a portion for some time now. And contrary to popular belief, I did not have to move to section 8 housing, sell my boat or my car, get a second job to make ends meet, or even switch to cocoa spheres instead of cocoa puffs. But it's all just a part of the dance you guys are in right now.

If you're not a pilot why the F do I care what you have to say?

Literally I'm now stupider from reading your posts. Just goes to show everyone is a expert on the internet.

Sigh

you are correct, you are not a pilot. Any one of the 3000 pilots could walk into your job and have it figured out with a day or two ( conclusion: you pay for medical)....

I doubt many in your department could safely and correctly start an APU with the first day.(conclusion: pilots don't pay for medical)

What all you department types should realize... No matter how smart you think you all are with your meetings, grids, computers, emails etc.... No pilots, no company.. Planes don't fly by themselves or even with moonlighting 172 PPL Weekend warriors.

Wanna know why pilots tend to live in bigger houses, have better benefits and demand certain things...

100 percent on target.

When I get the comment "must be nice" I always say you're more than welcome to go do this for a living.

I always hear an excuse, yet they want to be treated the same as the pilots.

Sorry not going to happen. Just like me paying for medical is not going to happen.

Aircraft are incredibly expensive, but can make an owner a lot of money. However, if an aircraft does not fly, it is an incredibly expensive asset to maintain without any off-setting income.

The difference between an airplane and a paperweight is.....a pilot.

It appears that management needs a periodic reminder of this truth.

I know my role thank you very much. I know the pilot group is an integral cog that makes this place run. I know a pilot is and should be paid more than I. Please tell me more about what I don't know.

Last edited:

While I currently support the unionized employees in their negotiations with NetJets, it's arrogant and condescending statements like this that make it hard to do so.

You would be well served to put the attitude away and develop some humility. You are exhibiting the same attitude and demeanor to your fellow employees that Jordan is exhibiting towards the employees. You need allies in this fight, not more enemies.

100 percent on target.

When I get the comment "must be nice" I always say you're more than welcome to go do this for a living.

I always hear an excuse, yet they want to be treated the same as the pilots.

Sorry not going to happen. Just like me paying for medical is not going to happen.

This is one area of the negotiations where you are seriously misguided.

Almost everyone in the US now pays for a portion of their health care expenses. Under Obamacare, the NetJets healthcare plan is classified as a cadillac plan and will be subject to additional taxes because it is so generous.

You are advocating that NetJets pay these additional taxes to the government so you can continue to get your gold plated health plan?

I don't know about you, but I personally hate paying more taxes than I have to.

With that in mind, if I were in your shoes, I'd be advocating for a position where the union modifies its health plan to avoid the additional taxes under obamacare and then redirecting the dollars saved on the health care plan to other non taxable benefits for the members. It would be neutral to NetJets and beneficial to the members.

Sticking your head in the sand and saying I will never pay for healthcare reminds me of the auto unions who refused to recognize economic realities until their company filed for bankruptcy.

Last edited:
So we should follow all the other lemmings??? The job I had prior to Netjets had us pay a portion of the insurance bill. Funny, every year that bill went up about 25%, and yet I couldn't even get a COLA raise from the crying poor company. I prefer the status quo on insurance. I would rather see parked airplanes than give on this issue. I would also expect a huge raise, more vacation time, and limits on duty days. Your line about auto unions and bankruptcy is nothing but a crock of sh$t. I don't put bolts on a tire all day long, day after day. I fly airplanes. It is a highly technical skill that takes decades and huge amounts of cash to get to the level of competency that Netjets and it's clients demand.

Latest resources

Back