Brutal IPC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[Sermon Begins]
Get on down to ATLDC9 and let him work you over. If that doesn't work, come on out to Oregon and I'll grind on you. The IPC, with a good instructor, is going to depend entirely on the pilot. A day that would give you just the right workout might be way easy, or too much workload for someone else. Certain items have to be accomplished, and the instructor has to check the boxes and be satisfiedbut the 'extras' vary from applicant to applicant. Find an instructor that hears your, "I want a challenge," line and rubs his/her hands together and snickers an evil snicker, and you'll have some fun.
Sounds like you need to find a different instructor. One with enough experience, flexibility, and courage to work you over a bit. What's the point of passing an easy IPC?
And your story about the unfortunate BASE jumper would seem to prove the point of those whom you asked, then dismissed: If you ever find yourself in another airplane in the soup and have a problem, are you gonna' be in a world of hurt? Hmmm...
Automatic responses can be a good thing, or a bad thing.
[/End of Sermon]

TDTURBO said:
This is what they believed to cause her death since she reverted back to her "ingrained" training with over 300 jumps with her rig.

No, what killed her was an idiotic desire to fling herself off of a cliff. The location of the rip cord was just a contributing factor.

Switching planes would only mess me up in a pinch because human nature always goes back to what is ingrained in the neuro-pathways.

Exactly. So you'd actually have to slow down and think about what you are doing. I think that'd be a good thing. In my professional opinion as a sadistic instructor, you've become far too comfortable with your surroundings. It raises a red flag in my mind because it suggests that while your technical instrument flying skills are very sharp, your problem solving skills are somewhat lacking.

-Goose

<shakin' head>

I'm so good, my equipment is so good, I know the CFII can't challenge me...

... and you guys still take me seriously.

<shakin' head>

TonyC said:
<shakin' head>

I'm so good, my equipment is so good, I know the CFII can't challenge me...

... and you guys still take me seriously.

<shakin' head>.

At least I spelled everything correctly! ;) <shaking head of my ..........>

I am far from "too good", I only wish to be pushed beyond the normal minimum standards of the PTS.

Today I found that person, my skull feels like it was hit with a nine iron! This guy was exactly what I was looking for, not some schmuck CFII looking to build time. I learned a lot as well as relying too much on the AP. Flying without the GPS, AP, A/I and DG was hard enough without throwing in an unpublished, non-standard NDB intersection hold. I am going back up tomorrow, I love this guy, he is ruthless!

TDTURBO said:
At least I spelled everything correctly! ;) <shaking head of my ..........>
Don't be so sure of yourself.

TDTURBO said:
I know there are a lot of CFII's out there and would like to know if anyone has an IPC format or sylibi that is nearly immposible to pass.
Syllibi has two "l"s, and it's not even the correct word. The correct word would be the singular, syllabus. Impossible has but one "m" and has two "s"s.

That was just the first sentence. Need we go on?

:)

Oh, I get it - - you were trying to be funny? As in, you spelled "everything" correctly? Yes, you did spell the word "everything" correctly.

No, wait, you haven't used the word "everything" until now. I guess it couldn't be a play on words, after all.

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:

Syllibi has two "l"s, and it's not even the correct word. The correct word would be the singular, syllabus. Impossible has but one "m" and has two "s"s.

Isn't "syllibi" spelled "syllabi?"

<duck>

TonyC said:

That was just the first sentence. Need we go on?

:)

Oh, I get it - - you were trying to be funny? As in, you spelled "everything" correctly? Yes, you did spell the word "everything" correctly.

No, wait, you haven't used the word "everything" until now. I guess it couldn't be a play on words, after all.

:rolleyes:

Man you're brutal!

I still love ya though.:eek:

English said:
Isn't "syllibi" spelled "syllabi?"

<duck>

:eek:

You know you'd never have to duck from me!

LOL

Yepp.

You're right.

That's why I don't claim to be perfect, or even that good. :) I just looked right by that one! OOPS!

Latest resources

Back