• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brutal IPC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This post is pretty funny, here is how to challenge yourself. Get a good instructor and hit a sim. I can't say enough about the "not so norm" You fly your plane all the time and you know where evrything is and how it works etc. The realism comes into play when you are not familiar with a particular a/c, approach, etc. Trust me thats a real distraction and like someone said before that will give you the confidence. I am a freight pilot and flying different a/c throughout the night is part of the gig. This post is not about me so please don't take it that way; However imagine flying all night in bad weather rain, turb, TZ stroms 1/2-1 vis. with all the gadgets, then having to swap a/c in the middle of the night into something that has 2 vor's and and adf.... that's it no radar, no gps, just the basics. Doing this will give you confidence. Flying the airplane is just second nature by this point in your experience. The trick is how do you manage the workload, prioritize your taskes and do what you need to do effectively. We know you can shoot and ILS or VOR/GPS approach. A good sim will allow you to simulate things that are either hard or imposs. to do in a real a/c and give you some solid partial panel and emergency's to deal with. When they see you just getting too overworked you can stop evaluate the situation then dive back into it with another approach to the situation. I highly recommend a sim. Any more ? fell free to pm me. I hope this helps.

TDTURBO said:
That's a good idea, but I only fly 2 planes, S2B for my aerobatic training and my R182. I don't want to get two sets of numbers interchanged by flying different models, I can fly an ILS hands off in the 182 because I know the numbers to give me 500 ft/min decent at the OM such as 12" and gear down with a half turn of nose up trim. If I go to another plane, it will just f*ck me all up. I want to be proficient, as one could possibly be, in MY plane, not someone elses.

Why not fly the IPC in the PITTS S2B. If you can pass the IPC in this palne you are golden.

flyifrvfr said:
Why not fly the IPC in the PITTS S2B. If you can pass the IPC in this palne you are golden.

Because it's not IFR certified.

No sims worth a sh!t by my house either, I would love to try out a sim but have 0 hrs in one.

I think I am going to that place in Springfield and complete their sim training.

I also didn't pay a quarter mil to fly a rental, the only plane I will fly in are the ones I own.

Last edited:
more power to you if those are the airplanes you will ever fly, but having a hard time holding at a non published NDB hold without auto pilot or GPS sure makes me glad I can safely and efficiently fly a beater in IMC when KDAL tower tell me to hold at a 5.7 DME DURING the ILS approach with 30 second legs to help a southwest 737 get in with an aft cargo fire. But I do see your point if you will never fly professionaly.

Last edited:
I did fine, I just want to do it to ATP standards, I can always get better, I just want to learn from a guy that knows more than I do about my plane. I could care less what a 172's #'s are for IR flight, I will never fly one or a GV, I just want to know everything there is to know about the 182rg and S2B. I have taken every type course there is to offer, every engine management class, all the wings classes in my area, so I only wish to find someone better at flying my plane then me and that is getting hard to find.

so I only wish to find someone better at flying my plane then me and that is getting hard to find.

"Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble...when you're perfect in every way!

I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day!

To know me is to love me, I must be one helluva man!

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can..."

TDTURBO said:
I did fine, I just want to do it to ATP standards, I can always get better, I just want to learn from a guy that knows more than I do about my plane. I could care less what a 172's #'s are for IR flight, I will never fly one or a GV, I just want to know everything there is to know about the 182rg and S2B. I have taken every type course there is to offer, every engine management class, all the wings classes in my area, so I only wish to find someone better at flying my plane then me and that is getting hard to find.

The person who knows everything there is to know about a S2B is Art Schol. You can ask him.... wait, Art Schol is at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and can't get to a phone right now. What I am trying to tell you is that the only way to know everything about an airplane is for the plane to kill you. You will realize the split second before you die what you need to know. Art Schol knows exactly what happened to him in his Pitts and he aint telling nobody.

avbug said:
"Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble...when you're perfect in every way!

I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day!

To know me is to love me, I must be one helluva man!

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can..."
You should publish that as a song - - I'll bet Mac Davis could sing it.

:)

"I used to have a girlfriend
But I guess she just couldn't compete
With all these love starved women
Who keep clamoring at my feet

Well I probably could find me another
But I guess they're all in awe of me
Who cares I never get lonesome
Cuz I treasure my own company

(chorus)

I guess you could say I am a loner
A cowboy all locked up and proud