Breakthrough at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
You might also want to start supporting a political action committee that lobbies congress on behalf of labor and supports candidates that are sensitive towards the issues of organized labor. Support ALPA-PAC.

So you have to pay dues for ALPA just to get on the property. Then if you want them to really help you then you should donate to the PAC. Oh then if you happen to have to merge with another airline ALPA won't represent you like your paying them to so you have to open your wallet and be forced to pay a merger fund. Oh if someone else needs to strike then you are asked to pay into a strike fund. Jesus do these people ever stop asking for money? By the time you pay all these little fees it could very will nullify any benefit that they ever provided!! People at skywest must be educated on the things ALPA will not tell you about

Last edited:
I certainly don't speak for JC. I can only refer you to his testimony. He makes it quite clear that after spending time on the Executive Council and working within ALPA, he realized that democracy really does work within the Association. He learned that working within the system is preferable to crazy lawsuits. That doesn't mean that ALPA doesn't have problems (it certainly does), but fixing those problems is best done through internal controls rather than the courts.

First, it's not "my" pilot group. I work at Pinnacle, not Comair. Second, he never publicly led anyone to believe that he was an RJDC supporter. As you said yourself, that alleged support was behind closed doors. He was never an "open" supporter of the RJDC.

Nothing's in it for me. I just want people to stop attacking their own union and start attacking the people that are trying to divide us: management. It would seem that management is winning in their divide-and-conquer campaign.

How silly of me I didn't put the PCL 128 and 1900 time together....anyway your pollyanish view of what ALPA may or may not do to/for any pilot group has everything to do with whats in it for ALPA. It has nothing to do with whats right for that pilot group.

JC and CT changed their stance on the RJDC because of what was in it for them! The Comair pilot group will visit this just as soon as this latest little matter is over.

JC and CT changed their stance on the RJDC because of what was in it for them! The Comair pilot group will visit this just as soon as this latest little matter is over.

They better hope they're not as successful as the first time around......
What's the use, the rjdc girls are laughable, and it makes for great jokes at their expense!
Speaking of expense, how's the multi million $$ lawsuit going???
You guys still sending those checks to Haber?

They better hope they're not as successful as the first time around......
What's the use, the rjdc girls are laughable, and it makes for great jokes at their expense!
Speaking of expense, how's the multi million $$ lawsuit going???
You guys still sending those checks to Haber?

Game still on money still pouring in!:)

He [JC] makes it quite clear that after spending time on the Executive Council and working within ALPA, he realized that democracy really does work within the Association. He learned that working within the system is preferable to crazy lawsuits. That doesn't mean that ALPA doesn't have problems (it certainly does), but fixing those problems is best done through internal controls rather than the courts.

I'm having a real hard time trying to understand what your position is. On the one hand, you demagogue JC for "holding the furloughees hostage," a totally inappropriate characterization. On the other, you praise him for trying to work within the system to fix problems.​

The DMEC could have given something up out of there own contract to offset the training costs Comair would incur but they didn't. Were they holding their own furloughees hostage?

So if the Comair pilots were willing to give something up out of their own contract to buy a change in company policy that allowed Delta furloughees to work here without resigning their number, wouldn't it follow that they'd expect something in return from the Delta MEC? Something like Brand Scope which was trumpeted by the Executive Board as the fix for the race to the bottom?​

Here's what Jason Ambrosi, a Status Representative on the Delta MEC, said under oath about internal union bargaining:​
Ambrosi: It would also benefit a pilot at a mainline carrier because again, as a union member, nothing is going to be for free. If we were going help these guys out and say here, you could come to Delta, then it would be something that we could hopefully get in return for that, be it maybe furlough protection or some kind of furlough protection. Again, it was in its infancy so we didn't explore those opportunities.

Haber: Possibly a flow-down agreement?

Ambrosi: Exactly.
By the way, how's that Brand Scope working out for ya over there at Northwest?​

Last edited:
I'm having a real hard time trying to understand what your position is. On the one hand, you demagogue JC for "holding the furloughees hostage," a totally inappropriate characterization. On the other, you praise him for trying to work within the system to fix problems.​

I think I've been pretty clear on that. Overall, JC does an excellent job and is a great trade-unionist. However, in this one instance, I feel that JC made a big mistake and shouldn't have held the furloughs of fellow ALPA members as hostages. I can't condemn a man for one bad move when the vast majority of the work he does is of great benefit to the Association and the profession.​

The DMEC could have given something up out of there own contract to offset the training costs Comair would incur but they didn't. Were they holding their own furloughees hostage?

No one had to "give up" anything. The only thing that DALPA wanted was for the CMR MEC to request a waiver from management. No request was ever made of the CMR pilots to "give up" anything in their agreement to make it happen.​

By the way, how's that Brand Scope working out for ya over there at Northwest?

I'm doing just fine, thanks.

Not surprising, much like a neutered dog, you don't get it!​

Yes!
So, by NO cost to the cmr MEC or CMR management to put furloughees at the BOTTOM of your seniority list, you wanted to relax scope so you could "get yours." How rjdc'ish of you!​

So if the Comair pilots were willing to give something up out of their own contract to buy a change in company policy that allowed Delta furloughees to work here without resigning their number, wouldn't it follow that they'd expect something in return from the Delta MEC? Something like Brand Scope which was trumpeted by the Executive Board as the fix for the race to the bottom?
You're reaching, but the spin machine is working in full effect as usual! Nice try junior!​

Here's what Jason Ambrosi, a Status Representative on the Delta MEC, said under oath about internal union bargaining:

Even better, here's what the cmr MEC said under oath​

1. ALPA has not discriminated against the the CMR pilots.
2. DAL scope is not a threat to the interests and collective bargaining power of ASA and CMR.
3. There is no irreconcilable conflict of interest due to ALPA dual obligation to both the Delta pilots and the CMR pilots.
4. MEC's bargain for their own pilots and set their own bargaining strategies.
5. Delta ALPA has the right to bargain for themselves within the guidelines of the ALPA administrative policy manual.
6. It would be just as inappropriate for a CMR pilot to enter univited in Delta pilot negotiations as it would be for a Delta pilot to enter uninvited in CMR pilot negotiations.
7. The PID was improper and uncalled for and if the CMR MEC knew then what they know now they would not have filed it.
8. The PID was written by some guy named Dan, not the CMR MEC Chairman.

By the way, how's that Brand Scope working out for ya over there at Northwest?

Apparently MUCH better than your petty little lawsuit!
Hey, did you get your check for $100,000,000 yet??

No one had to "give up" anything. The only thing that DALPA wanted was for the CMR MEC to request a waiver from management. No request was ever made of the CMR pilots to "give up" anything in their agreement to make it happen.

It's naive to suggest that this was all about blowing smoke up somebody's skirt.

Look, to make this happen on any kind of scale of more than a few, some pilot group would have to pay something to offset the training costs of putting pilots, who had no intention of staying here, through a syllabus and training their replacements when they leave. It's a known double training hit for the company. That's why managments like Comair and Alaska have that policy in the first place.

As a status rep, you must understand that.

Last edited:
It's naive to suggest that this was all about blowing smoke up somebody's skirt.......

As a status rep, you must understand that.

Only if and when it suits his position in an argument.:)

Not surprising, much like a neutered dog, you don't get it...You're reaching, but the spin machine is working in full effect as usual! Nice try junior!

Did Delta make you resign your last seniority number during indoc?

We all know I'm an ignorant dick already so a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back