• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breakthrough at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If pilots want to do something about this situation they are going to have to realize that politics is an important part of defending our profession and we need give financial support to pro labor politicians by supporting ALPA-PAC and electing pro labor congressmen and senators.

Might interest you to know that this judge was appointed to the bench in 1995 by Bill Clinton. Last time I checked he was pretty pro labor.

This is nt a breakthrough - just a delay. Now the union KNOWS the worse case scenario because the judge has laid it out for them. Therefore any old crap they can negotiate that's better will look good - and the pilots will vote it in.

See Delta, Mesaba and probably a few others I can't think of.

Lawson will never ever call for a strike.

1. He has no other ballgame to play in.
  2. His son works there and needs the time.
  3. He really works for Management (check out his Maule he hides down in Louisville, got that one after the cuts he sold in 2005).
J.C. Lawson does what is "ALWAYS" in his best interest, if that benefits the pilots, even better.

Lawson will never ever call for a strike.

1. He has no other ballgame to play in.
  2. His son works there and needs the time.
  3. He really works for Management (check out his Maule he hides down in Louisville, got that one after the cuts he sold in 2005).
J.C. Lawson does what is "ALWAYS" in his best interest, if that benefits the pilots, even better.

Every MEC Chairman is accused of being in bed with management. It's an unfortunate characterization that goes with the job. Unless you have some real proof to back it up, then it's nothing but a bunch of hot air. I haven't seen anything from JC that would lead me to believe that he is doing anything other than what he feels is in the best interests of his pilot group.

I haven't seen anything from JC that would lead me to believe that he is doing anything other than what he feels is in the best interests of his pilot group.

How about bringing us a BS proposal to vote on last year that took our pay rates from the top of the industry to the bottom without any recommendation as to how we should deal with it. Furthermore, it was explained by JC himself as DCI average pay rates, which was true but extremely misleading to many of our pilots. He conveniently failed to mention the fact that our two year longevity freeze (that he recommended to us) would remain in effect.

The result is that, while our pay rate tables are in fact DCI average on paper, we as individuals have to subtract two years of seniority to find where we fall on that table. As a fourth year FO, I am still on 2nd year pay, and will never regain the two years I lost...meaning I would be $1 above a Mesa FO with the same seniority, right at the bottom of not only DCI, but the industry as a whole. Same holds true for CA, FO, 50, 70.

JC brought this to us and represented it as average. Absolutely untrue, misleading, and dishonest. Had the group known the truth about how their pay would compare to the industry, I have no doubt it would have been shot down handily. It could just as easily been represented as what it was --bottom of the industry rates. Why was it not? Why was there no recommendation given? Was he really looking out for us?

Every MEC Chairman is accused of being in bed with management. It's an unfortunate characterization that goes with the job. Unless you have some real proof to back it up, then it's nothing but a bunch of hot air. I haven't seen anything from JC that would lead me to believe that he is doing anything other than what he feels is in the best interests of his pilot group.

Hmmmm.... this might change your view......
http://www.rjdefense.com/2006/lawson_xscript.pdf

I have NEVER, EVER heard ANYONE suggest Dave is, was or EVER would be "in bed with management". But hey, thats just here at ASA. I don't know about EVERY other MEC Chairman.

I have NEVER, EVER heard ANYONE suggest Dave is, was or EVER would be "in bed with management". But hey, thats just here at ASA. I don't know about EVERY other MEC Chairman.

Dave's still new. Wait a year or two and then the allegations will start. The membership always likes to attack the guy at the top for some reason. Notice all of the fawning over Captain Prater right now. Everyone loves him because he's the new guy. In a couple of years, they'll all be attacking him just as they have been attacking Captain Woerth. It doesn't matter how good of a job he does, or how hard he fights for the profession, the guy at the top is always getting attacked.

Latest resources

Back