• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breakthrough at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let me get this straight. If the judge says that pilots can't strike then it's illegal right? When the pilots decide not to come to work is the judge going to call the police to go drag each pilot from his home to go to work. Doubt it!

old JC and his infinite intelligence. Lets push this into the slow travel season and then try negotiating. They might just have it all farmed out by then.

"Old JC" got it right on this one. Waiting until early February puts the potential self-help right at the start of the advance-bookings for the spring season. That hurts Delta a lot more than striking right after the holidays. A very smart move.

"Old JC" got it right on this one. Waiting until early February puts the potential self-help right at the start of the advance-bookings for the spring season. That hurts Delta a lot more than striking right after the holidays. A very smart move.

You give him too much credit.

You mean ASA.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to be an unwilling accomplice in this mess. Skywest gets the flying and says to us, "Here, it's not so bad to be a whipsaw."

Just for the record, there not to many pilots that are pleased about what's going down right now. Please don't look at us like we are the bad guys in this deal. We've done our part to keep the bar up.

Sounds like your union caved. Why not just strike?
Because the guys on the MEC need to get a plan into effect for their retirement. Then when they get whats right for them, they will bend over the new hires and let their pay get hacked down to the level of Mesa.
If the Judge sees that they're making $50mil in the last year, then throwing out the contract saying that the airline can't afford to pay the pilots....then the Judge should take over the airline, set the ticket to the price where the airline CAN afford to pay the pilots, hence Regulation.

If the Union was really going to strike, they would have struck....not delayed negotiations.
And you say it sounds like ComAir's Union has caved....does this mean Pinacle, Mesa's and TSA's Unions are still strong? Get bent, ALPA hasn't done squat for decades.

Hope

My hope is you guys cut a decent deal and get to keep your planes.

Sickens me every time I fly into CVG and see all those parked airframes.

Comair made money this past quarter did they not (50Mil) ? so someone tell me why the ************************* do they need concessions.

UNbelievable! Dont fall for the hype guys and girls, they dont need the concessions-- they need to be held accoutable , it's not the cost of labor, its the LACK OF LEADERSHIP... man thats so true.

Latest resources

Back