• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breakthrough at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's naive to suggest that this was all about blowing smoke up somebody's skirt.

Look, to make this happen on any kind of scale of more than a few, some pilot group would have to pay something to offset the training costs of putting pilots, who had no intention of staying here, through a syllabus and training their replacements when they leave. It's a known double training hit for the company. That's why managments like Comair and Alaska have that policy in the first place.

As a status rep, you must understand that.

You can call it "naive" all you want, but the facts are the facts. Captain Buergey asked for nothing more than for the CMR MEC to have a talk with management and request preferential hiring of DAL pilots without having to resign their DAL numbers. He requested no bargaining, no concessions, nothing else. Just a simple request of Comair management.

Why do we have to keep debating this? The facts are known on this case, and they have been for quite some time. Just admit that it was a stupid thing to do, and your fellow ALPA pilots deserved better.

Did Delta make you resign your last seniority number during indoc?
NOPE!
We all know I'm an ignorant dick already so a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
I'm glad we can both agree on that!

PCL 128 said:
Why do we have to keep debating this? The facts are known on this case, and they have been for quite some time. Just admit that it was a stupid thing to do, and your fellow ALPA pilots deserved better.

Because they don't know any better, and they are too stupid to see otherwise! They are the same group who is led to believe that Dan Ford is going to make them all $$millionaires and 777 captains......All the while, he and his lawyer are profiting all the way to the bank!

Last edited:
See ya

I have decided the best course of action is to get out. But I will do my best to create havock before I leave. I hope Delta get's what it deserves.

"Good Goes Down!!!!!"

It must be a relatively new policy. Apparently, they made Jason Ambrosi resign his number.

Q When you were hired by Delta, did you retain your ASA seniority number?
A I did not.
Q You had to resign from ASA?
A Yes, I resigned, correct.

So when pilots are hired there this year, can they expect the DMEC to champion changing Delta's policy so they can keep their previous number?​

They might have a bad day in training and need that number to fall back on.​

Last edited:
I have decided the best course of action is to get out. But I will do my best to create havock before I leave. I hope Delta get's what it deserves.

"Good Goes Down!!!!!"

How nice of you to think about all your fellow employees who are staying-Maybe you could just leave and take your attitude with you to your next place that is so priviledged to hire you!!!!!!!!!!:(

It must be a relatively new policy. Apparently, they made Jason Ambrosi resign his number.

Q When you were hired by Delta, did you retain your ASA seniority number?
A I did not.
Q You had to resign from ASA?
A Yes, I resigned, correct.

I don't know Jason, and can't speak for him. Have you referred him to Haber, maybe he can help, after all, he's done so well for your cause:laugh: !

So when pilots are hired there this year, can they expect the DMEC to champion changing Delta's policy so they can keep their previous number?
I have no idea what the new hire policy will be, because its been 5 1/2 years since a "new hire" has been on the property. But you already knew that didn't you? Or are you truly that stupid?:rolleyes:

They might have a bad day in training and need that number to fall back on.
Sounds like you've been down that road before. If I were you, being a cmr pilot, I wouldn't even bother to try!

Latest resources

Back