• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WEAK! who was it that allowed rj's to be flown by regionals? Look in the miror.

May I suggest you look in the mirror. I've never flown a regional jet. Can you say the same? By the way my airline's scope clause is probably the envy of the industry.

Sorry for the news guys. I have alot of friends over there. About what DOH does 400-500 pilots go to?

They say 8% reduction in pilots now...thats just the beginning. The initial number will always be too conservative. Airlines are reducing capacity by 10% now, I predict a 20% reduction by next summer.

While this entire situation sucks, I am very impressed to see these guys (Larry and Jeff) sharing in the pain. I somehow don't think we'll see this repeated many times in this industry.
Riiiight. Layoff employees, cut costs, stock price goes up (up 6% today) and oh yeah, their pilots think they really care. These guys actually will make money by foregoing salary. They really are smart.
10 bucks says the chipmunk mentions his giving up his salary on the weekly update.

Luckytohaveajob,

You really have no clue. You don't know me. You don't know how old I am. You don't even know what airline I work for. I 've never flown 100 hours in a calendar month. I bet you did that all the time flying for a regional airline at $18 an hour. All the while knowing you were contributing to the demise of this profession by participating in the outsourcing of mainline airline jobs.

YOU, the mainline pilot, outsourced those jobs! Look in the mirror if you're trying to find someone to blame.

Yes, oil has nothing to do with it.

CAL had 1000 retirements coming in the next 4-5 years. 300-ish this year alone.

So now we have no retirements and are looking at furloughing 300-ish pilots?

AGE 65 is right square in the middle of this clusterf*ck. This would be a thread about Continental potentially suspending hiring were it not for the legislative abortion that was shoved up our rear ends by a bunch of guys that couldn't let go....

And you patriot 328 had nothing to do with the demise of the U.S. domestic feed??? Come on Patriot. You gladly flew service that was once flown by the mainline and no flown by the regional. You had no problem then did you.

And you patriot 328 had nothing to do with the demise of the U.S. domestic feed??? Come on Patriot. You gladly flew service that was once flown by the mainline and no flown by the regional. You had no problem then did you.

The flying he did was given away, nee, SOLD by mainline pilots. He, nor any other regional pilot, didn't "take" sh!t.

Latest resources

Back