• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's 500 pilots......I think that comes to around March or April 07 hires....

If it's 500 pilots......I think that comes to around March or April 07 hires....

That was the "worst case" number given to me by the 756 Fleet Manager, assuming no COLAs or early outs. He said everyone hired within the last year.

He and two other captains then continued their conversation about how happy they were to be able to work past 60. :rolleyes:

Okay,

I now understand your rationalization. So when your overseas code share partners start chipping away at your international flying from the U.S. , then you will gladly accept the blame for the loss of international flying.

While this entire situation sucks, I am very impressed to see these guys (Larry and Jeff) sharing in the pain. I somehow don't think we'll see this repeated many times in this industry.

Jerry Grinstein gave his entire $10 million Chap 11 BK bonus away to the Delta employee emergency fund and scholorship fund. It has happened. Not many times though for sure.

Also, a friend of mine at United said one of thier captains talked to Glen Tilton directly on a flight from FRA to ORD a few days ago, and he flat out told them that UA and CAL were going to downsize, blend in their IT systems when they do their codeshare deal, and then try to merge again in 2 years if oil is lower.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And you patriot 328 had nothing to do with the demise of the U.S. domestic feed??? Come on Patriot. You gladly flew service that was once flown by the mainline and no flown by the regional. You had no problem then did you.

Pathetic old man. You can't complain when someone is willing to do flying that you sold for a pittance. The only person for you to blame is the one staring right back at you in the mirror. Let me guess, working past age 60 while the bottom 500 get furloughed?

PCL,

You call me a pathetic old man. I call you a scum bag value jet dc-9 FO. No, I have a long way to go to 60. Did they teach you how to become such a tough guy at the Gulfstream Flight Academy.

PCL,

You call me a pathetic old man. I call you a scum bag value jet dc-9 FO. No, I have a long way to go to 60. Did they teach you how to become such a tough guy at the Gulfstream Flight Academy.

He went to Gulfstream Academy? Don't tell me he paid them to fly the 1900?

Wait don't tell me... Gulfstream, Pinnicle, AirTran?

LOL, Ahhhh hell I just realized I am still at Piedmont! I guess I will shut my piehole!! LOL

Last edited:
Hmmm, well if I traveled that road I dont think I would have the right to be critical of anyone in aviation.

And he talks about others looking at themselves in a mirror? Pot meet Kettle!

Latest resources

Back