• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170--I don't know what you're talking about but your Hooter's waitress girlfriend is smokin'!

Which one does she work at? (I got a list a mile long of the ones she DOESN'T! :( ) TC

Yeah, when two millionaires forgo some pocket change it brings a tear to one's eye.

Well, it's certainly more than any of the other airline executives are doing. Certainly more than Mullen or Carty did.

Flopgut,

All airlines loathe sick leave. They will harass pilots at all levels of seniority. If there is another round of givebacks coming, I can assure you that anal glaucoma will be rampant throughout the entire pilot
workforce.

Flopgut,

All airlines loathe sick leave. They will harass pilots at all levels of seniority. If there is another round of givebacks coming, I can assure you that anal glaucoma will be rampant throughout the entire pilot
workforce.

No. Trust me, this is different. You can't have 2 or 2.5 777CAs for 1 job for an entire 5 year period.

Man Power Planning says 350 COLA being offered and 450 notice to furlough letters being sent out. Furloughs that actually happen off the bat is 300. 150 in Sept and 150 in Oct and 150 in Nov if needed. Sending out letters to all 450 just incase they do decide to furlough the full 450.

Notice of furlough will be sent to a pilot who is to be furloughed at his address
of record on file with the Company, at least thirty-two (32) Calendar Days in​
advance of the effective date of the furlough.

That seems a bit aggressive since we only need to shed 252 pilots over the next year and a half. (Net loss of 737s 31x10 pilots/plane = -310...Net gain of 777s 2x29 pilots/plane = 58...Net loss of pilots 310-58 = 252) I think someone believes pbs hasn't been given the proper opportunity to show its mettle. Can you say OSC and Denial Mode 4 again?

BTW, I hope we don't furlough at all!

Last edited:
It's all fear mongering from the company exactly a week before the June 11th rally!

Give it time people.

As far as letters go?! If you ARE going to F on Sept 1.. then you would send the letters out mid July. And that would mean parking planes on 1 Sept too.. still havn't seen any exact time frame for parking airplanes, just the delivery dates for the new 73's we're still getting!

At the end we will only have a loss of 31 aircraft by the end of 2009. But there is a 6-9 month time period where the loss of aircraft is greater than that of deliveries. Any furlough for the first two groups I personally think will be less than a year. Based on future aircraft orders.

Isn't there a minimum length of time necessary for an F to actually save money? Like turbine said, if the net loss will only take place for a few months and then the deliveries start catching up, that may be too short for F's to make any sense. Dunno, positive thinking.

What would be the hire date of the last guy of the 450 getting a furlough letter? Would it be June of 07?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back