• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He went to Gulfstream Academy? Don't tell me he paid them to fly the 1900?

Wait don't tell me... Gulfstream, Pinnicle, AirTran?

LOL, Ahhhh hell I just realized I am still at Piedmont! I guess I will shut my piehole!! LOL

Yes, you got it PCL did 'pay for his job' at gulfstream, that is how he got into this business. He's a PFTer and will ALWAYS be nothing more than that.

PD

PCL,

You call me a pathetic old man. I call you a scum bag value jet dc-9 FO. No, I have a long way to go to 60.

You Conman, have established your credibility today. Hope you have another $10 to buy a new screen name. Because CONMAN has been trashed with all your pull up the ladder attitude, I've got mine crap.

Last edited:
Because CONMAN has been trashed with all your pull up the ladder attitude, I've got mine crap.

How do you figure that LTHAJ? I never said "pull up the ladder, I'm on board." I give my opinion on a CAL buyout for the older guys, saying it won't happen unless the pilot who replaces the clueless old man, will have to make less than the existing pilot he replaces. Look around corporate america. If a mid level manager/supervisor loses his or her job usually the replacement makes less money. That is a fact. If the CAL pilots aren't offering up pay cuts, work rule concessions, etc., which I hope they don't do. Then I don't think you'll see management offer up a buyout clause.

Because CONMAN has been trashed with all your pull up the ladder attitude, I've got mine crap.

How do you figure that LTHAJ? I never said "pull up the ladder, I'm on board." I give my opinion on a CAL buyout for the older guys, saying it won't happen unless the pilot who replaces the clueless old man, will have to make less than the existing pilot he replaces. Look around corporate america. If a mid level manager/supervisor loses his or her job usually the replacement makes less money. That is a fact. If the CAL pilots aren't offering up pay cuts, work rule concessions, etc., which I hope they don't do. Then I don't think you'll see management offer up a buyout clause.

I thought I was following you on your notion of paying less for the same job. I think it's fair to say that none of us want to be paid less for performing the same job as the next guy. That is an established fact. Thus the reason why Unions have been fighting an uphill battle to level the playing field.

But drastic times call for drastic measures. The age 65 rule is part of the perfect storm that's hitting this industry. That along with record fuel prices, a slowing economy, currency devaluation, and airlines going out of business or revamping their business plans. As always, it seems that the junior guy always ends up getting a raw deal.

Would it not be fair to you, or even human, to ask some of the senior guys that have spent in excess of 30 years in this business, to not take the 5 year windfall? To allow the junior guy to continue to pay his mortgage? There's nothing unreasonable about that is there? These guys have probably accumulated over one or two million dollars in their retirements. Most of these guys should have plenty until the time comes to meet their maker.

If a buyout is offered by the company, the MEC should support it while lobbying the senior guys to take it. I doubt anyone is going to look at the guy that replaces that position as a person lowering the bar.

Not True....

Jerry Grinstein gave his entire $10 million Chap 11 BK bonus away to the Delta employee emergency fund and scholorship fund. It has happened. Not many times though for sure.

Also, a friend of mine at United said one of thier captains talked to Glen Tilton directly on a flight from FRA to ORD a few days ago, and he flat out told them that UA and CAL were going to downsize, blend in their IT systems when they do their codeshare deal, and then try to merge again in 2 years if oil is lower.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you know how I am sure NONE OF THIS IS TRUE, General?

Because it is HIGHLY ILLEGAL....... Just look up "Insider trading." You will see what I mean...

There is no official from any airline who's going to share this type of info with someone from the outside. That official would soon wind up in jail....

-Your story has grown tiresome, it is time to dance...

Hmmm, well if I traveled that road I dont think I would have the right to be critical of anyone in aviation.

And he talks about others looking at themselves in a mirror? Pot meet Kettle!

PCL did not campaign for another's job. APAAD and the age 65 crowd did. They've taken it right off the top, outside the CBA, just like scabs. Period.

I'd rather work with 100 guys/gals like PCL than 1 scab.

Do you know how I am sure NONE OF THIS IS TRUE, General?

Because it is HIGHLY ILLEGAL....... Just look up "Insider trading." You will see what I mean...

There is no official from any airline who's going to share this type of info with someone from the outside. That official would soon wind up in jail....

-Your story has grown tiresome, it is time to dance...

Could you make LESS sense? I highly doubt it.

PCL did not campaign for another's job. APAAD and the age 65 crowd did. They've taken it right off the top, outside the CBA, just like scabs. Period.

something something something DARK SIDE!

something something something COMPLETE!

CAL has previously offered buyouts. They will this time as well it's just a matter of how much they offer.

Something that will come to bear: Old pilots with lot's of sick leave make terrible employees. CAL has experience with this. In Contract 97 IACP threw the old guys a bone and put 12 yr FE rates at 100/hr. So when an age 60+ pilot decided to go fly FE they no longer needed the sick leave they had been hoarding to pay for bridge medical. They called in sick every other trip and could've cared less about the company. CAL wants to avoid this and may offer more than they have in the past to get these pilots retired.

Who cares Flop, he's still a dork for "paying for his job". How F'ing stupid are you PFT? With all of your daddy's money, you could have split a whole lot of multi time with friends and had more fun.

Latest resources

Back