• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it. 70 of the bottom 400ish are on the 757. The majority are making $30/hr. The bottom 20 don't even have paid medical yet. All of the positions will have to be filled by 737 pilots. It sounds like a lot of costly training cycles to me. I am not sure there would be any benefit unless it was to last a couple years. I don't think that is possible due to the 200+ pilots a year turning 60. The lump sums will go down in November and further down each year as they change over to the corporate bond rate.

I'm at least 70 from the bottom and don't have medical yet.

Anyone else want to post some rumor they heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Continental pass-out furlough notices at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
YGBSM.....you think that maybe they'll offer the early outs and COLAs first before just furloughing the $30/hr people who are costing the company basically nothing? I didn't get my MBA, but seriously people.

I am just over 100 from the bottom of the CO seniority list, and I just got medical/dental/etc. on June 1st.

I agree that furloughs don't make financial sense. The cost to furlough exceeds the financial return unless the furlough lasts 2+ years. My understanding is that CO has not deferred any aircraft deliveries, just accelerating aircraft retirements?

Add to that: retirements, COLAS, early-outs, the 787 (supposedly) coming onto the property at the end of 2009, etc., and furloughs just don't seem to make financial sense to me when we're already short on reserves. But of course I'm sure I don't see the "big picture."

Morgoth gets it!

Company just trying to scare the pilot group during section 6 talks AND right before the Rally..

Everyone just calm down and wait and see what the July System Bid shows.
If many of the bottom guys who are on the 756 get bumped off to the 737, then I'll worry..

Fly Safe
Always
Motch

Conman, you wear your mainline badge with such pride. You certainly seem to be very proud of yourself. I'm proud of you as well!

Do you think the reason you never flew an RJ is because you're lucky and the timing of the industry was in your favor or do you think you're just an awesome pilot and a really cool guy?

This is sad.

I have to get my friend over to NetJets, he will be affected for sure.

I also heard US Airways is not far behind (200 to 500 pilots). I hope that employee was wrong.

Good luck to all!

Latest resources

Back