breaking into the corparate market?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain

How in the heck without type and time in type does anyone get into this game? All I see are jobs that require that stuff. This is probably a dead horse but WTF, everyone wants something for nothing.

How in the heck without type and time in type does anyone get into this game? All I see are jobs that require that stuff. This is probably a dead horse but WTF, everyone wants something for nothing.

Connections and Rec's.

Time in type is FAR less important. Decent jobs usually don't care about time in type. If they want to save a few bucks on school and need someone yesterday, the job may have issues.

Its a tough market now, start by building a network and connections - oh, and do your best to put a non-airline gig on your resume. Nobody wants to be the first guy to hire you out of the Regionals - simple fact.

Good Luck.

This is a bad time to break into the corporate world. It is supply vs demand. There are plenty of pilots out of work with time in type and part 91 experience.

I would stick with what you have, for now. The majority of us have been in the corporate world since day 1. Thats not to say you could never make the move. It is all about timing.

Speaking for myself, all of my friends who went into the airline world laughed at me for making such a stupid decision. It has been the best career decision I have ever made. If you really want to break into the corporate world. You will have to be willing to start from the bottom.

thanks, I got furloughed from a major airline, Chief pilot for part 91 now. I forgot how much I liked this part of aviation, the roots, not a bus driver for the masses anymore, "did my luggage make it on this flight?"

I would like to find the gig that I can settle down with but you know how aviation is "settle down" is a pipe dream.

The everlasting search continues...

thanks, I got furloughed from a major airline, Chief pilot for part 91 now. I forgot how much I liked this part of aviation, the roots, not a bus driver for the masses anymore, "did my luggage make it on this flight?"

I would like to find the gig that I can settle down with but you know how aviation is "settle down" is a pipe dream.

The everlasting search continues...

amazing how may furloughed-from-the-major guys are "ready to come back to their roots" in Corporate Aviation

once they get recalled, or the next job comes along, see ya. Roots? See ya

All about me baby, all about me

Former airline guy. Got into corp flying because of who I knew, not what was on my resume. Come to think of it, never actually submitted one. Oh well, all for not as I havent flown in over a year (unemployed from flying, now banging nails). Tough, tough market.

Latest resources

Back