• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brakes work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's face it.. there are some good pilots out there and there are some really bad pilots out there... But something we can all agree on is that nearly all the women pilots are horrible.
i dont know what ladies you fly with but the majority of the girls i've flown with in the airlines,warbirds,freight,and fracs are outstanding.

Ooh look everybody, a witty response from someone who doesn't know the difference between "brakes" and "breaks"!!!!

youve never seen bad spleling and or grammr on flight info? but if think you really will do about it break and brakes do the same thing, they stop something most deffinataly.

A lot of the airlines have a contract with a brake company paid by landings not brake sets used. So just fly the airplane the way you need to for that operation that day and don’t worry about the politics or the company.

There is no reason for you to do that other than trying to be deuch. Be careful so that you don't get behind one of your types when you have low fuel and going around is not an option. Karma is a real lady.
Spoken like a true bottom feeder! Wait till the last minute to land, if you don't have enough gas to go around, you have failed. Once again your lack of knowledge and skills shines through!
Looser/loser
PBR

What is up with all the HEAVY braking during landing on so many regional flights?

crjdude

How about NEVERMIND how others fly, and we won't critique you either! It would be like a passanger on your flight getting off and as you are handing him his luggage him saying. 'what's was up with all the heaving banking on that flight'? What would you think?

Worry about yourself. I'll brake however I see fit...............

You only gave him a 10-day suspension? He'd better be glad you dealt with him and I didn't...

Between this and some of the other language this weekend, I'm starting to think some PERMANENT bans are in order. As professionals, I think we can do better, people...

Transtates has several ERJ's that have no TR's...and yeah, disgruntled pilots who's very jobs eliminate their own potential for advancement probably don't care about passenger comfort so much. Really, their mainline code share partners don't care(or there wouldn't be 2+ hour rj flights), why should they?

I'm really surprised that this thread has gotten to page 4 and nobody has mentioned that that the carbon brakes on the E-145 are designed to be applied firmly. Unless things have changed since I flew it, one of our bulletins detailed how the carbon brakes, as opposed to conventional ones, wear less the HARDER you apply them. It seemed crazy to me and it certainly went against passenger comfort but we were advised not to use gentle, consistent braking due to it causing greater brake wear. A firm continous application resulted in less brake wear and more effective braking.

Anyone?

I'm really surprised that this thread has gotten to page 4 and nobody has mentioned that that the carbon brakes on the E-145 are designed to be applied firmly. Unless things have changed since I flew it, one of our bulletins detailed how the carbon brakes, as opposed to conventional ones, wear less the HARDER you apply them. It seemed crazy to me and it certainly went against passenger comfort but we were advised not to use gentle, consistent braking due to it causing greater brake wear. A firm continous application resulted in less brake wear and more effective braking.

Anyone?

who advised you not to be gentle on the erj break application? the key is continuous but you don't have to be hard on them either.

Latest resources

Back