• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

boo hoo west children

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The east* has USAPA as their mouthpiece and can take out USA Today ads, post on a website (without being subpoenaed) and spew their cockeyed view of reality through a number of outlets.

The west has only a handful of webboards to educate those who are interested on the issues involved. Hopefully folks will learn from the myriad mistakes that have been made during this merger and avoid them.

* Lunatic fringe, not representitive of a great number of east pilots who would prefer to alter the course but will be charged with mutiny by Bradford if they dare speak up.

The east* has USAPA as their mouthpiece and can take out USA Today ads, post on a website (without being subpoenaed) and spew their cockeyed view of reality through a number of outlets.

The west has only a handful of webboards to educate those who are interested on the issues involved. Hopefully folks will learn from the myriad mistakes that have been made during this merger and avoid them.

* Lunatic fringe, not representitive of a great number of east pilots who would prefer to alter the course but will be charged with mutiny by Bradford if they dare speak up.

This is exactly why USAPA does not have any webboards or any other outlet for their membership to communicate with the outside world. USAPA wants 100% "union" controlled rhetoric with no chance of public disention. Kinda like China shuting down the internet. USAPA is setting themselves up for a meteoric fall by blindly charging down this path with arrogance and impunity.

Westies jumped on this thread like a fly on sh!t. Good post.

I love when they whine. Nic Nic Nic Nic we want Nic. Binding, Binding, MCdoosh,McDoosh. Gulfstream, PFT
Loser, Idiots.

Good job Westies. without you, I would not even be on this board. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Thanks
M

And to think, for the lack of one lousy condom, we the board readers, have to suffer this pricks continued useless drivel!

Hey Dope,

How about some scope for your mouth. Thats alot crap coming out that trap of yours. Keep up the good work.

Do not forget

No Nic for you

M

Wicked and the other dude I don't respond to anymore

Thanks for again demonstrating to all professional pilots on the Hangar the intelligence level of the East side of the house and USAPA's commitment to binding arbitration.

I guess ya'll are just down to ridiculous posts now that the West has filed suit to force the implementation of the Nic Award. Hope USAPA has a big bank account of your dues money in case the judge awards damages to West pilots being furloughed out of seniority while USAPA stands quietly by ... some fair representation indeed.

Hey Dope,

How about some scope for your mouth. Thats alot crap coming out that trap of yours. Keep up the good work.

Do not forget

No Nic for you

M
Wow you really are a worthless human. The best part of you ran down yo' mama's leg...

Did he have longevity...?? Absolutley, without a doubt. Now follow along here if you will and try to focus for a minute. Ready ..???? Here comes the hard question. Brace youself . Did he have Seniority ??? Here ...let me help you with that answer ....you seem to be struggling with it:rolleyes: Not by a long shot. Even though he got hired at USAIR in 1987 and had longevity, unfortunatly all it bought him was a very jr reserve position on his old seniority list, the same position he holds today on the new list. That he got hired in 1987 doesn't make a difference because his USAir longevity bought him a very low position on his USAir senority list.
PHXFLYR:cool:

Another way of looking at is that the value of a Euro and Peso are not determined by the year they were minted, but by what they can buy you.

In this case a 1987 AAA position buys you near the bottom of the AAA active list.

Thanks for again demonstrating to all professional pilots on the Hangar the intelligence level of the East side of the house and USAPA's commitment to binding arbitration.

While not a professional pilot (only a part timer), I would have to say this statement is largely true. What I've come away with from the few posts I've read on this subject ...

- USAir was on it's last legs and had furloughed all the way back to the mid or late 80s.

- AWA was a relatively healthy airline and had been hiring for quite some time due to growth.

- Someone bought someone else and during merger talks all hell broke loose. USAir pilots wanted straight date-of-hire, AWA wanted a logical integration based on career expectations and considering the relative health of their airline. Both sides agreed to binding arbitration.

- Arbitrator came up with an integration plan that considered career expectations of each airline and ensured everyone was equally screwed.

- USAir decided they really didn't want binding arbitration after all, decertified their own union, refused to abide by a (legal?) binding agreement, and have been crying, sueing, and slinging $h!t ever since.

Is that about it? I don't fly for the airlines and only rarely read the Majors forum, but this is what I got so far. So yes, I'd have to say USAir pilots come off look'n kinda' bad in all this. And all this nonsense has even reached the fare paying public. The situation is so well known, in fact, that even nonaviation-type passengers have heard bits and pieces of it and one remarked on a recent US Express flight outa CLT that ... "I hope they don't start fighting in the cockpit and crash this d@mn thing!" :D

(The passenger didn't know that the regional jet wasn't USAir mainline.)

That's getting bad. :(

Last edited:
How long until all new hires are furloughed anyway ? I thought a bunch were already furloughed and there are not that many off the street new hires still workin..

Latest resources

Back