• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

boo hoo west children

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another way of looking at is that the value of a Euro and Peso are not determined by the year they were minted, but by what they can buy you.

In this case a 1987 AAA position buys you near the bottom of the AAA active list.

Exactly,my friend. This entire issue is nothing more than a group of pilots (ie. USAir east ) refusing to realize the difference between longevity and seniority. And no better example can be found than the one I just posted about an old college buddy of mine who got hired there in 1987. Stops 'em dead in their tracks everytime ...;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Another way of looking at is that the value of a Euro and Peso are not determined by the year they were minted, but by what they can buy you.

Excellent point. And the value of a Euro relative to a Peso is constantly changing, depending on the fortunes, or mis-fortunes, of the countries involved. But if I want to convert my Euro to a Peso, I am going to have to accept the current exchange rate.

The East pilots need to accept that the value of a year of service at USAir had definately been on the decline, while the value of a year of service at AWA was climbing. What happened in the past, or may have happened in the future is largely irrelevant.

Deleted. Like Mom always said, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."
Good points though the Easties will never admit it.

Last edited:
Hey Dope,

How about some scope for your mouth. Thats alot crap coming out that trap of yours. Keep up the good work.

Do not forget

No Nic for you

M

This coming from some little child hiding behind the safety of his computer keyboard!
Isn't it about time for a diaper change?

why was it fair in your minds for west guys to gain 15+ years seniority in some cases over east pilots but the world is about to end because an east new hire will get a paycheck for 2-3 whole months after your mighty 4 year career at AWA is on the street?

We don't need this.

It looks like MCdoosh's parents had another illegitimate child! Did you graduate from GIA too?

MCdoooosh.......Ha just shot coffee out my nose. That made my day thanks.

MCdooosh.....that's funny,...and I know funny!

You guys don't get it - both of you, East and West. Fair has nothing to do with it. Longevity has nothing to do with it. It simply is. Untill we as a colective whole realize this, the opportunity cost is only getting bigger. Has anyone thought about opportunity cost?? Talk about loss of situational awareness, folks!!!!

Unfortunately Dirk, the determination of fair and the value of longevity have already been determined and are tied up in the Nicolau decision. USAPA has shifted the balance of power such that the only way that the only legally determined solution can be implemented is through the courts.

Common sense should have prevailed at the negotiation stage and a fair compromise hammered out, but again the balance of power was on the side of unreasonableness (and aided by a weak ALPA President myopically focused on appeasement as the only strategy) and we are stuck until the courts compel the legally agreed-to solution to be implemented. After that, who knows, but we have to start from what has been established during prior agreement and work from there.

It's obvious that tyranny isn't working.

why was it fair in your minds for west guys to gain 15+ years seniority
Hey, you airline punk, and all you airline drama queens, WTF are you doing posing your airline soap opra here on the GENERAL AVIATION DISCUSSION forum.

You're ruining my serinity.

Latest resources

Back