Boeing to Supply 767's for DHL US Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thought they were out of biz??

Gonna be laughable if DHL gives these to anyone but ABX, tryin to save money and all...

As for Express.Net flying for DHL...NOT gonna happen. Like was said they are just trying to keep the certificate alive.

We all got furloughed in June with the rumor that we may start flying for DHL in a month or so. Was supposed to be a short furlough. Of course that is what the management said. Yeah right! Most are still out of work and the chief pilot and alot of management have hit the road there.

767 at E Net I am sorry for all those I worked with but not gonna happen!

Another possibility is DHL is playing hardball with Hete - somebody mentioned this elsewhere. Hete apparently won't give DHL our additional 767s under the current ACMI margin rates. Hete's holding out for much higher charter margin rates.
Not saying its so, just another possibility.

Another thought just occured. Doesn't UPS have a bunch of 767-300's on order? Now THAT would imply some commonality between fleets, in the event that some sort of partnership with them were to be reached in the future. See my above post...

Whistlin' Whacko update:

Anybody else notice FDX just bought 757s? And UPS already has 757s!!
And MD-11s! Airbus!!

Coincidence you say??? I DON'T THINK SO!!
Obviously they are already in merger talks!!

We're all DOOMED !!!

Whistlin' Whacko update:

Anybody else notice FDX just bought 757s? And UPS already has 757s!!
And MD-11s! Airbus!!

Coincidence you say??? I DON'T THINK SO!!
Obviously they are already in merger talks!!

We're all DOOMED !!!
Dude....

First, silence the bell. You know, the one in your head that keeps going off. It's only adding to your level of anxiety.

Next, sit down. Allow your mind to take you to a place of great peace to you. The forest, a lake, wherever. This is your time...

Then, when you're rested, and ready to re-join the discussion in a civilized manner, check out this link...

Boeing: UPS Orders Additional Boeing 767 Freighters

Also, you might want to try the decaf for a while. It's the third button down, same price...

Thought they were out of biz??

Gonna be laughable if DHL gives these to anyone but ABX, tryin to save money and all...

Yeah. Except it's not gonna be funny.

I'll be honest with you. Given a preference as to whether or not DHL sent these aircraft to Express.net, Atlas, Polar, et al, VS ABX, I'd rather see em go to ABX. And I say this as a full blown, in his right mind, AStar pilot. If they go to ABX, at least it A. Demonstrates that DHL might, might, once in a blue moon actually think about the ramifications of their decision making processes, (which usually starts with the question "First, how can we screw the employees?" and ends with the statement "Who cares if we screw the customer."), and B. Would be a step toward demonstrating that they have the ability to learn from their mistakes......which means their probably going to be part of a new ERAU ab initio airline flying body parts from ILN to DAY.

re-join which discussion? Your discussion about DHL/UPS/FDX 'strategic alliances' ?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't even say that with a straight face !!
That's better.

Now, since you are obviously of the opinion that DHL will never partner with anybody to bolster their presence in the U.S. market, tell us what they're doing to fix it on their own. Industry experts have stated that it will take 3-5 billion dollars to become competitive (I.E., "profitable, at market rates") over here. Where do you see them spending the first 300-500 million?

A new hub? They're not even shopping for land...

New planes? These 767's are the only new planes that DHL has acquired since they bought the Metroliners in the early 80's.

Expanding their service network? That would imply adding flights, or adding stops to flights. Are you adding flights? If so, your guys should be coming off of furlough very soon.

Prey tell, what is DHL doing, besides trying to put the squeeze on you and Astar, to reverse their downward slide and prepare for future growth in the U.S.?

Latest resources

Back