Boeing books a record 800+ orders!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
typhoonpilot said:
They already do. China Southern, China Eastern, and Air China all serve the USA. I guess we are talking about cabotage though, and that is a legitimate concern. To play devil's advocate, there are advantages to U.S. carriers as well.

A well run U.S. airline ( I know that is an oxymoron :laugh: ) would be able to take advantages of some of the better international routes. My present company only has two flights per day to the USA and makes just shy of $1 billion in profit per year. That is with well compensated pilots. Look at what Air Chance/KLM just reported, they have relatively high employee costs.

If I was a U.S. airline manager I would be salivating at the possibilities for expansion and increased revenue generating potential from a free market place. I would also be concerned about low cost competition, but I truly think a well run company could benefit greatly from a more open marketplace.

TP

I meant all of them. What i also meant was serving the US domestically. There are tons of them out there. Not just a handfull. That's one thing i dont get about the way they do business. They will have the Gov. invest to open up one company, then they will have the Gov. invest in another that's in competition with the first. That's what all of their airlines do. But they've got probably at least double the amount of airlines over there in a shorter period of time. Mostly becuase they are all Gov subsidized. Not that they need to be subsidized to stay alive. But they subsidize it intentionally so that they can control the entire market. Believe it or not, almost all of their products are subsidized over there that are being exported. Not just a particular industry. Someone has to be careful about the way they handle relations. They just dont business ethics period. It's just the way that they do business.

Just a word to the wise

Typhoonpilot has flown in China and even speaks the language.

You might say he's been around the block but he's not one to throw his weight around.

Good luck.

miles otoole said:
Are you clairvoyant? Tonight's "Seinfeld" had George and Lloyd Braun selling computers in Mr. Castanza's garage, the sales incentive being the water pik. "You're not giving away our water pik!"
"Serenity now!"

furloughfodder-you are an angry, neurotic man, speaking of George Costanza. Do you really think the Boeing orders would have been any less with Kerry or Hillary in office? If so, you are delusional and probably need to be removed from seats 0A,B. Now you are angry at the American public for buying the cheapest airline tickets they can find on the internet? Capitalism.

"Hoochie-Mama"

Latest resources

Back