• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BlueTruthPilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cheeta, there are only a few people who know the exact number of cards collected. You are not one of them. Also, anyone who is waiting on a pay review is a sucker.

Holy @#$^.....are there really people out there who don't believe that the health of the company they work for DIRECTLY relates to the HEALTH of their careers and therefore the security of their FAMILIES? (Especially in a specialized, seniority based system)

Only a moron would stand behind a union, whose sole business purpose is to siphon enough money off its membership to pay bloated payscales to paper pushers while allowing its members to sign off on contracts to pay its members HALF what the paper pushers make!

I don't understand how anyone can not understand this concept. Healthy company = healthy career and therefore, money and security for the family. While there are always exceptions to this, JetBlue is not this exception.

Healthy union does not equal healthy company. YIP understands this and you guys crap all over him for it. He is a pilot just like you.....and you think that because he doesn't work for the right company that he is a second class citizen for it. Wake the F up.

A350

Last edited:
Yes.

Do we have issues....you bet. Do we need improvements....you bet. Do we need ALPA? Not in a million years.

This place isn't half as bad as most of you on here say it is.

A350

Holy @#$^.....are there really people out there who don't believe that the health of the company they work for DIRECTLY relates to the HEALTH of their careers and therefore the security of their FAMILIES? (Especially in a specialized, seniority based system)

Only a moron would stand behind a union, whose sole business purpose is to siphon enough money off its membership to pay bloated payscales to paper pushers while allowing its members to sign off on contracts to pay its members HALF what the paper pushers make!

I don't understand how anyone can not understand this concept. Healthy company = healthy career and therefore, money and security for the family. While there are always exceptions to this, JetBlue is not this exception.

Healthy union does not equal healthy company. YIP understands this and you guys crap all over him for it. He is a pilot just like you.....and you think that because he doesn't work for the right company that he is a second class citizen for it. Wake the F up.

A350
Wow, don't find this too often on FI, supportive words for a guy who works for a dirt bag fly by night outfit and is very proud about it. Everybody at my place dreams of a job at JB and would happily take the place of anyone who wants to leave.

Yip:

You fly because you love it. Too many who fly have either lost that love or never really had it to begin with. And to top it off, most of them have never "wanted" for a job in the industry, their timing was impeccable. They think people who love their job are sellouts.

If they just looked around at the carnage of some people's careers, maybe they would be a little more thankful for what they have, not what they think they deserve or are entitled to.

A350

A350

Let's see:

The worst health insurance
The worst retirement
Pay rates 18.3% behind our peers (starting Jan 2014)
Mediocre work rules
A "bulked out" 26 page PEA instead of a negotiated CBA

Until you have seen this company from the inside, as I have, you don't know it. Please join one of our committees and see for yourself.

We need a CBA. ALPA is the best way to get one. Any other conclusion is delusional.

Let's see:

The worst health insurance
The worst retirement
Pay rates 18.3% behind our peers (starting Jan 2014)
Mediocre work rules
A "bulked out" 26 page PEA instead of a negotiated CBA

Until you have seen this company from the inside, as I have, you don't know it. Please join one of our committees and see for yourself.

We need a CBA. ALPA is the best way to get one. Any other conclusion is delusional.

Since we have "truth" as the title thread, we should be truthful. Allegiant, Virgin America, Sun Country, and Frontier all have worse retirement. Spirit is only 1% higher. I think the problem is that your "peers" aren't your "peers". This isn't a knock, but you are an LCC/national, not legacy. I am not saying you shouldn't get better, but I AM saying that it isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.

Yes.

Do we have issues....you bet. Do we need improvements....you bet. Do we need ALPA? Not in a million years.

A350

Just wondering how long you have been here.....

Latest resources

Back