BlueTruthPilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember the one thing unions cannot provide is job security

This is not completely true. A union may not be able to "guarantee" job protection.......no one can guarantee that. However, a unionized employee does in fact have more job protection than a non-unionized employee. A non-unionized employee can be fired at will for absolutely no reason. This has happened numerous times here at JetBlue to both pilots and flight attendants. It is then up to the employee to hire an attorney and fight their own battle. Again.....no support. However, a unionized employee can only be fired for specific reasons as outlined in their CBA. And if fired, the unionized employee will have an attorney provided to fight their battle.

I am in no way saying a union is perfect, nor will it solve all problems. What I am saying is that a union is like having career insurance. When something goes wrong (and it will), a unionized employee has someone in their corner. A non-unionized employee has no one.

Couldn't open the other one, but from this onoe it looks like the JB guys got it all over the USAir guys. I know you will correct me if that is incorrect. Remember the one thing unions cannot provide is job security

Both links worked great for me. Time to upgrade from Windows98.

Couldn't open the other one, but from this onoe it looks like the JB guys got it all over the USAir guys. I know you will correct me if that is incorrect. Remember the one thing unions cannot provide is job security

I will concede that our hourly rate is better that USAirs. However they've done more to damage themselves than anyone in the last 10 years with the infighting.

When they are rolled onto the APA contract they will far exceed the earnings of a job pilot. Or for that matter if they would concede to their arbitration would be able to negotiate a far better rate.

Bottom line, they are in our peer set, twice actually, east and west.

With many unions you can also purchase loss of license insurance. Also a benefit not seen under JetBlues DR. Job security. Maybe not, but it is a form of career security.

I will concede that our hourly rate is better that USAirs. However they've done more to damage themselves than anyone in the last 10 years with the infighting.

When they are rolled onto the APA contract they will far exceed the earnings of a job pilot. Or for that matter if they would concede to their arbitration would be able to negotiate a far better rate.

Bottom line, they are in our peer set, twice actually, east and west.
Right so you don't compare yourselves to them because it would not support your efforts. And the position of the present day USAir can be traced to union demands that could not be meet by the flying public.

Unions do have the ability to destroy companies, so watch out what you ask for. If your purpose is a pro-airline united voice than will work with managment to trade productivity with pay and benefits changes, then there is good chance of not doing anything destructive to the future of JB. But if your union is a it stick in face organization, as seen in many of the posts here will then there may be a different outcome.

JB right now is one of the best jobs in the country and there is long list of pilots working below the JB level that would jump at the chance to be JB pilot.

BTW You guys can do whatever you want, I have no bone in this fight.

How are we not compairing them? did you not read they are currently in our peerset twice? They still have a better retirement contribution than we do. As well as contractual scheduling language.

Unions may be able to ruin a company, true. But managment does a much better job and faster at ruining companies, destroying employee goodwill and moral.

Hands down in this industry, unionized employees are better off than ununionized ones. Specifically pilots. jetblue may be better than most jobs out there, fine. All your buds who want to work here should be able to pretty soon. The guys here that are able are jumping ship, and the list of thuper excited blue pilots willing to work for a discount is shrinking fast.

I hope we do get what I want, because we need it.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest resources

Back