• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BlueTruthPilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really? That is dumb, even for you. What does a company peer set have to do with an anonymous message board?
Just if the peer group is the majors, it should be in the majors forum, is that dumb? even for you?

We are talking about a peer set established by a corporation, not an anonymous message board dummy.
Ok I accept that, which means your management thinks you are a major, so this should be in the major forum.

Ok I accept that, which means your management thinks you are a major, so this should be in the major forum.

You are wrong again. Being a major airline has nothing to do with what management, any pilot, or this Internet board want. I am sure you know what makes JB a "major airline" since you are such a smart guy. The same definition makes RAH and Skywest a major airline as well. I think you and general lee get a bit to close at night. Why else do you two get involved with every section and every thread of this forum even though you don't even work in the same section of the industry let alone the company threads pertain to. Go get another hobby other than flight info.

PilotYip,

You just don't get it and you never will. I get that your timing was crap. I'm sorry about that. I get that you are flying/management at some second rate cargo outfit. I understand your perspective from where YOU are sitting and will probably remain.

You see, even though we are all pilots, it's like you are the nurse and major airline pilots are the doctors. I'm not trying to diminish your experience, but draw an analogy here. You always say that we are arrogant or prima-donnas with a sense of etitlement. That is the same as the nurse being jealous of the doctor.

Here is the difference between me and you. I got hired by a major and now expect to be compensated at that level. You did not. Your perspective is not the same as mine. Another analogy is a minor league player being upset because of the pay that major league guys are getting. If you are ok with where you are at, then great. But don't be upset with us because we are trying to make / maintain this profession into something that will compensate us well. We may not have all earned it, but we are at this level nonetheless.

PilotYip,

You just don't get it and you never will. I get that your timing was crap. I'm sorry about that. I get that you are flying/management at some second rate cargo outfit. I understand your perspective from where YOU are sitting and will probably remain.

You see, even though we are all pilots, it's like you are the nurse and major airline pilots are the doctors. I'm not trying to diminish your experience, but draw an analogy here. You always say that we are arrogant or prima-donnas with a sense of etitlement. That is the same as the nurse being jealous of the doctor.

Here is the difference between me and you. I got hired by a major and now expect to be compensated at that level. You did not. Your perspective is not the same as mine. Another analogy is a minor league player being upset because of the pay that major league guys are getting. If you are ok with where you are at, then great. But don't be upset with us because we are trying to make / maintain this profession into something that will compensate us well. We may not have all earned it, but we are at this level nonetheless.
Thank you doctor, a free consultation on the internet, how much better can it get. I am humbled to be in your presence, I guess I am more like a janitor than a nurse I am so far down the food chain. But I think I get get it; I am happy although I never made it to the "show", and a lot of you appear to be unhappy. Life is too short to spend any time being unhappy, and I am having a ball right now.

You are wrong again. Being a major airline has nothing to do with what management, any pilot, or this Internet board want. I am sure you know what makes JB a "major airline" since you are such a smart guy. The same definition makes RAH and Skywest a major airline as well. I think you and general lee get a bit to close at night. Why else do you two get involved with every section and every thread of this forum even though you don't even work in the same section of the industry let alone the company threads pertain to. Go get another hobby other than flight info.

You guys post this pro-union stuff on a public site and then if you don't post rah rah unions are 100% great and all management is 100% evil, you are attacked as being stupid, low life, looser, etc. Again public forum, expect public comment. I think I could post the sky is blue here; and get some condescending comments. This started out as a question about why this wasn't on a major forum and went downhill from there .

BTW: Guys the ignore function works just fine and you don't need a college degree to use it.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, Yip, but I'm beginning to suspect that you may be just slightly anti-union. :)
Old post but fits

This board is very pro-union. I don't think that I am that rabidly anti-union, but more middle of the road, some places need a union. The rabid union supporters stand on a platform that unions can do no harm. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. Unions have the ability to destroy marginal companies.

But immersed in this population, I stand out because I am not 100% pro-union and 100% anti-management. A lot of this comes from my personal experiences as a member of ALPA and IBT. This board remains me of my former pro-union activists at places I worked. Nothing was ever good enough for them. After about my fourth job, my main concern was the viability of my company and anything I could do make them more viable was my primary goal. The standard union activists battle cry of "more pay and more says off" until of course you have all your days off, without pay.

There are two sides to every story, both sides need to be told.

Old post but fits

This board is very pro-union. I don't think that I am that rabidly anti-union, but more middle of the road, some places need a union. The rabid union supporters stand on a platform that unions can do no harm. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. Unions have the ability to destroy marginal companies.

But immersed in this population, I stand out because I am not 100% pro-union and 100% anti-management. A lot of this comes from my personal experiences as a member of ALPA and IBT. This board remains me of my former pro-union activists at places I worked. Nothing was ever good enough for them. After about my fourth job, my main concern was the viability of my company and anything I could do make them more viable was my primary goal. The standard union activists battle cry of "more pay and more says off" until of course you have all your days off, without pay.

There are two sides to every story, both sides need to be told.

This is where we disagree. My pro-union stance is about the viability of my income to provide for my family. See I think about them first and foremost over the viability of a company I am working for. You may think they are one in the same, but as you should know that is not often the case in this industry post 911. Your priority's are screwed up.

Latest resources

Back