BlueTruthPilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes.

Do we have issues....you bet. Do we need improvements....you bet. Do we need ALPA? Not in a million years.

This place isn't half as bad as most of you on here say it is.

A350

Integrity is the biggest issue for me. The ELT has none. Have you been following the 3A issue? The ELT quite literally told us one thing, meant for us to rely on it, then told the judge the exact opposite. This is not integrity. And without a union, these are the people who represent us and control every aspect of our professional lives. At this point, they could tell me the sun was out and I'd reach for an umbrella. They have shown time and again that they cannot be trusted and even as we speak they are polishing the language of the next iteration of our contract. We have no say over its contents, its wording, or its intent. And they have already amply demonstrated that they don't have our best intentions in mind, only their own. I'm not looking forward to a union either, but there's no other way remaining that has a chance of obtaining even barely adequate legal protections.

Yes.

Do we have issues....you bet. Do we need improvements....you bet. Do we need ALPA? Not in a million years.

This place isn't half as bad as most of you on here say it is.

A350

I have heard similar opinions from previous no voters in the past. Once they got screwed over by management in one form or another, they changed their tune very quickly. I flew with a guy who was an ALPA hater until he was involved in an FAA investigation. JetBlue decided he didn't need an attorney as the investigation progressed. Needless to say, he wasn't happy with the outcome as he was left to fend for himself. There are numerous stories of pilots in similar situations (medical, legal, etc) who were left out in the cold with no support whatsoever. I know some of these pilots personally. Unfortunately sometimes that's what it takes for someone to realize what a sham the DR truly is. But by then, it's too late.

You can say what you want about unions, but statistically speaking, unionized employees have better pay, better healthcare, better retirement, better work rules, and better overall job protection than non unionized employees. Feel free to look it up.

Since we have "truth" as the title thread, we should be truthful. Allegiant, Virgin America, Sun Country, and Frontier all have worse retirement. Spirit is only 1% higher. I think the problem is that your "peers" aren't your "peers". This isn't a knock, but you are an LCC/national, not legacy. I am not saying you shouldn't get better, but I AM saying that it isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.

The peer set was agreed to and defined my management. "Destination" carrier. Not one of those carries is in our peer set.

The peer set was agreed to and defined my management. "Destination" carrier. Not one of those carries is in our peer set.
How come not compared to USAirways? They certaily much bigger than JB? Oh I know management did not define them as a peer ground. Funny how suddenly to make a point JB pilots say "Management" said this.

Since we have "truth" as the title thread, we should be truthful. Allegiant, Virgin America, Sun Country, and Frontier all have worse retirement. Spirit is only 1% higher. I think the problem is that your "peers" aren't your "peers". This isn't a knock, but you are an LCC/national, not legacy. I am not saying you shouldn't get better, but I AM saying that it isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.

Ok lesson time...

We have an agreed upon peer set with the company that includes:

Delta
American
United
Southwest
Alaska
US Air

Any other airlines are irrelevant to the discussion. So my previous data stands.

How come not compared to USAirways? They certaily much bigger than JB? Oh I know management did not define them as a peer ground. Funny how suddenly to make a point JB pilots say "Management" said this.

Us air is in the peer set... Again you fail, the point is that management makes the rules of the game then bends and breaks them.

Last edited:
How come no comparisons then?

Latest resources

Back