• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloomberg: DAL buys 40 CRJ900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, is Delta the greatest Air Line in history, or just the last 100 years?

Best in the last 300 years. Hey, if people on here can't remember parts of the deal, they will be reminded. Overall, the deal was a good one.

Unfortuneately people can't seem to figure out that more 76 seaters will just replace the outgoing 50 seaters on those routes, and 717s will replace 76 seater on their current routes, a good thing. There is no current plan for this at UAL, which is a big difference.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If pax demand drops and DAL feels they can't fill ml planes, they'll right- size to smaller aircraft just like in the past. When has DAL cared about a contract, and empty ml planes are not profitable either.

Huh? An arbitrator will fix that if needed. You can't just go against the contract. And passenger demand is scheduled to increase. You know that, right?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope you're right. Because we're all tired of delays in career progression. The unconfirmed word is though, that DAL has already asked us to delay the transfers of fifty-seaters.

So, who will operate the airplanes? Which feeder will get the jets? What provisions were in the latest TA?

DAL's scope wasn't the best, but you all need to channel your alarm towards the UAL deal which where the RJ Cliff seems to be..

SWAPA is actually leading the league in scope failure. 717s and 737s flown at a regional takes the cake. Code share Q1... watch your open time.

Face it, you caved, for money.

Next up is DAL scheming to keep the 50-seaters after all, because of fears of decreased passenger demand.

Hey....just say thanks and shut the f up.

This was already announced as far back as JULY. We are parking hundreds of 50 seaters and we traded for 40 76 seaters. scope got tighter.....less non-delta pilots flying delta tickets.

Not the slam dunk but its better.....you get to join our ranks sooner if you want or continue there and fly larger planes at a better pay rate. life is about choices...

Hey....just say thanks and shut the f up.

This was already announced as far back as JULY. We are parking hundreds of 50 seaters and we traded for 40 76 seaters. scope got tighter.....less non-delta pilots flying delta tickets.

Not the slam dunk but its better.....you get to join our ranks sooner if you want or continue there and fly larger planes at a better pay rate. life is about choices...

I guess he must have missed the whole Comair gone and ASA being part of ExpressJet part of recent history.. I'll hand it DAL they did well on RJ scope considering the environment we're in and the fact that they had little president (apart from my company) to work with.

I'd think you guys as major airline pilots would be able to play this forward. You sign a great new contract that cuts the number of RJs but allows more larger RJs. Airline B comes along and uses your larger RJ as a basis and expands their numbers drastically. Airline C comes along and does the same thing. 6 years down the road Airline A comes back to the table and guess what? They'll be either expanding their numbers or giving in a to a slight increase in size and, voila, scope, while seemingly scaled back, erodes further. Keep patting yourselves on the back, keep telling yourself you held some imaginary line. The truth is you've done no better than those before you and you did exactly what everyone always does, took the immediate gain while neglecting the long term pain.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same, I've earned my experience on these very aircraft. But keep the sanctimonious sh!t to yourselves about how you're the best and you're helping the cause. You've done no better and most likely a little worse than those before you.

I'd think you guys as major airline pilots would be able to play this forward. You sign a great new contract that cuts the number of RJs but allows more larger RJs. Airline B comes along and uses your larger RJ as a basis and expands their numbers drastically. Airline C comes along and does the same thing. 6 years down the road Airline A comes back to the table and guess what? They'll be either expanding their numbers or giving in a to a slight increase in size and, voila, scope, while seemingly scaled back, erodes further. Keep patting yourselves on the back, keep telling yourself you held some imaginary line. The truth is you've done no better than those before you and you did exactly what everyone always does, took the immediate gain while neglecting the long term pain.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same, I've earned my experience on these very aircraft. But keep the sanctimonious sh!t to yourselves about how you're the best and you're helping the cause. You've done no better and most likely a little worse than those before you.

In your example, it would be up to the pilots at airline B to hold the line.

Latest resources

Back