• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonJohn82

Good times...
Greetings,

Does anyone know what the blood pressure tolerances are for a 1st class medical?

Thanks,
Jon

155/95

However, if you get white coat, find a understanding doctor and take your blood pressure at home with a BP monitor that has a memory then just bring it in.

hotwings402 said:
155/95

However, if you get white coat, find a understanding doctor and take your blood pressure at home with a BP monitor that has a memory then just bring it in.

Doesn't white coat only affect the top number? And isn't the bottom number the more important of the 2???

As far as I can remember, the tolerances are 155/90. If you are anywhere close to that, please don't put off going to your doctor and doing something about lowering it. There are many meds that you can take and not have any problem with the feds.

I agree if your bp is close to 155/95 at home you got problems. You need to exercise, stop caffiene, stop eating junk, lose weight etc. Magnesium supplement with a 2/1 ratio of calcium is 1200 mg calcium to 600 mg magnesium is great for bp. If your bp is fairly normal at home but rises in the doctors office then great, do what I said above.

I imagine limiting my soda intake will help. Also, I intend to start exercising more regularly.

also

no more coffee

water water water, nothing else

bananas, melons, fish, chicken. 1 banana a day minimum

Raisin Bran and Oatmeal with low-fat milk

Knock off the eggs, you can eat them but eat 50% the number a week from now on

the only salt is whats already IN the food

exercise every other day, jog, walk, etc. SOMETHING

re-test in 60 days and see what happens. If still high, get medical advice

HTN is defined by BP over 140/90 taken at least three different times.

The top number is the amount of pressure the heart puts out, the bottom number is the static pressure the heart needs to overcome to push blood. The difference between the two is pulse pressure. Up until last year, it was thought that the bottom number was the most important, that is no longer true. The above advice on lowering BP is good.

Latest resources

Back