• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blood Pressure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything else aside, exercise is what did it for me. I was 140/90 and fluctuating about a year ago, my doc said to try getting it down without meds first. 4 months of 30min good cardio 5 times a week and cutting way back on the caffeine has me down to 130/84...I hope it stays there. Now if I can just eat better on the road and drop some of these extra pounds I'm sure it'll continue dropping.

I heard of a guy who lost his medical temporarily when starting blood pressure meds. Is that true or does it depend on your AME?

So here's my latest update. After my scare on the 14th of this month (140/90) I reduced my caloric intake, limited salts, drank lots of water, exercised every day. I dropped 4-5 pounds and was retested a week later, the 21st. 140/100! So anyway I continued doing the right things. Today I went to my local Navy reserve center to take care of some administrative stuff, saw the corpman and decided to have it tested. They have one of those digital/wrist meters instead of the standard pneumatic/bicep thingamajig. I tested at 118/74. Obviously, my blood pressure didn't come down that much in two days. I haven't figured out what the variables are yet to make me get lower readings. We looked over my history since 2001 and I was pretty consistently 126/75 range except for 2003 when I tested at 142/90. Maybe I just vary a whole lot? I'm still going to drop a few more pounds as a safety precaution.

High BP

Went to doc yesterday. BP started at 140/104. After sitting in quiet/dark room for 10 min we got it down to 132/90. I've been a little high over the past year and a half but this is the highest. It got my attention. I'm going to increase my cardio and shed a few pounds. I have to. Doc told me same thing too.

CJ610

As far as I can remember, the tolerances are 155/90. If you are anywhere close to that, please don't put off going to your doctor and doing something about lowering it. There are many meds that you can take and not have any problem with the feds.

I've been on med's for fifteen years now. If I had it to do again, I would have been smarter and controlled it with life change. I should have just quit cigarettes, whiskey, coffee, cakes and fried food, anything but the med's.
Now I have a stint. I think the medicine that goes with the stint and the BP med's are killing me a little each day. My BP is regulated, but I feel like ******************** all the time. I take a hand full of pills in the morning and at bedtime. I retain fluid during the day so I can't sleep at night because of two to four visits to the toilet per hour. All this has made getting a certificate such a pain in the ass, I gave up and quit until I can get myself well enough to get off some of this poison.
Put a picture of Doctor Death on the kitchen door. Stay away from doctors, ABC store, McDonald's, Pizza Hut and the like. Remember; anything good to you is bad for you. You'll live longer and get more flight hours.

Latest resources

Back