• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blood Pressure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm lucky. I eat like crap (Pizza, bacon cheeseburgers), don't excercise, smoke and drink coffee. Not too much alcohol anymore. My BP is 115/60 (no kidding). It has gotten lower with each medical starting from 15 years ago. I don't get it. My doctors go "what are you complaining about?".

Ill Mitch said:
I'm lucky. I eat like crap (Pizza, bacon cheeseburgers), don't excercise, smoke and drink coffee. Not too much alcohol anymore. My BP is 115/60 (no kidding). It has gotten lower with each medical starting from 15 years ago. I don't get it. My doctors go "what are you complaining about?".

Just FYI that BP is one of many devices used to check your health, others being triglycerides, chloesterol, etc, etc.

Running fats and Cholesterol thru your pipes (veins, arteries, etc) is not that good for you, no matter what the pipe pressure is.

low low BP can cause fainting spells and other issues.

I know about this crap because I had "high-normal" BP at my last medical and thus had to come up with ways to get it back to normal.

Dude, nobody loves cheeseburgers and steaks more than me, maybe we can trade shoes

see ya

My old man had a heart attack at close to 60. How does this effect you guys? He had passed his class 1 for 32 years. Regular jogger.

He deserved his hose down damnit, but alas - I quess too many divorces will kill your hide.

Dont forget that stress factor is a MAJOR component of heart disease.

I miss that guy!!! Of course the fact the gooks shot em down prolly didnt help.

Think of your heart like engine, it can run hard, but it cant run hard and long.

Now pass me my turkey and please hand me my cigs.

satpak77 said:
Just FYI that BP is one of many devices used to check your health, others being triglycerides, chloesterol, etc, etc.

Running fats and Cholesterol thru your pipes (veins, arteries, etc) is not that good for you, no matter what the pipe pressure is.

low low BP can cause fainting spells and other issues.

I know about this crap because I had "high-normal" BP at my last medical and thus had to come up with ways to get it back to normal.

Dude, nobody loves cheeseburgers and steaks more than me, maybe we can trade shoes

see ya

I hear ya bro, my wife makes me eat the good stuff when I am home. But, I did a chloesteral screen last year and it is 180 for total and about 115 for LD whatver the last letter is.

I think also some of it is genetic. My father is the same way.

Ill Mitch said:
I hear ya bro, my wife makes me eat the good stuff when I am home. But, I did a chloesteral screen last year and it is 180 for total and about 115 for LD whatver the last letter is.

I think also some of it is genetic. My father is the same way.

It's certainly genetic. While I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds (at age 31 I'm about 15 pounds over my high school weight) I'm in good shape; I'm a runner. Well maybe more of a plodder, but still... But my mother and father had high blood pressure.

LDL is "low density lipoprotien", and conversly HDL is a "high density lipoprotien". It think HDL is the good type and LDL is the bad. You get HDL's from eating healthy things with omega 3 like salmon and excercising. Feel free to correct me, this is what I remember from high school health class.

Two words, excersise and Coq10, well three, relax mentally when the Dr or nurse is taking it. Pretend you are floating in a river in Hawaii.

i've found that if my arm is extended and elbows locked out, my bp is higher. If my arm is relaxed and resting on my lap or a table, it is lower. Don't let these nurses be in a hurry to take your bp! Also, I think bp is higher at the docs office because of the usual nervousness, but also you just get done walking down a long hall (excercise), and then you hop up on top of the table (excercise) and then she sticks that thing on your arm as your heart is beating higher than normal after all that activity! it's a GD conspiracy!

Anybody got a reccomended dosage on the celery seed extract and CoQ10?

MTpilot said:
Anybody got a reccomended dosage on the celery seed extract and CoQ10?

dude forget popping supplements and crap. Might improve your BP but that won't matter when your liver shuts down

instead EAT the recommended things like Mother Nature designed it to be

LOTS of bananas, melons, cold water fish (salmon,tuna, not catfish), STOP the red meat, eat more Raisin Bran, more oatmeal, drink sh1t loads of water, and EXERCISE. Jog on the treadmill every other day. Start at 10 minutes (1 mile at pretty relaxed pace) and in one month go to 15, then bring it up from there.

Also NO COFFEE or sodas, cokes, etc.

RE-TAKE your BP in 60 days from begining above regimen. I GUARANTEE you will have improvements. If not, then go to the doctor. When you do get tested, wear jogging clothes, sweat pants, etc, loose clothing. It will help.

I also recommend one adult aspirin every other day just for a "prevent" measure. Thins the blood and reportedly will help reduce chances of stroke or heart attack. You could do it every day but the liver don't like lots of asprin and if you have no warning signals of pending doom, every other day is probably just fine

Latest resources

Back