Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Black leaders unhappy about Delta Air Lines’ diversity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing I can say to that article is... the most qualified candidate regardless of race, sex or any other discriminating factor such as these should get the job.. Companies should not be forced to hire based on anything other than the individual's qualifications..

The entire ATL airport is full of minority vendors. If the CEO of Starbucks actually had to visit a location in ATL, he'd be sick. What else do they want? Notice they don't seem to care about good paying middle management jobs. They point out the top 9 and pilots. If there were enough qualified black pilots in the pool, they would have been hired. We hired plenty at CAL during the 2005-2008 hiring boom. If I were a qualified/educated black person trying to get hired by Delta right now; this would embarass me.

If I were a qualified/educated black person trying to get hired by Delta right now; this would embarass me.

Exactly!!!!!! We're not hiring folks for a job that just anyone can do. Just because you can fly an ILS does not mean you are qualified for the job. With all of the focus on safety right now following the Colgan crash, you would expect people to finally realize that there is NO substitute for experience. If you start [or continue to] fill seats of commercial airliners with people based on ethnicity, gender, etc., then there will be more accidents that can be avoided.

Organizations like the one in the article in some cases do more harm than good in my opinion. If were a black or female aviator I would be outraged! This type of hiring is "Reverse Racism" & "Reverse Sexism" pure & simple! This should be Illegal!!!!!!!

Yep, the corporate shakedown continues...I guess it's the airlines turn now.:rolleyes:

Delta used to have a VP of Diversity. Seriously! The Black leadership will complain because that is the only way anyone will notice them. That kind of crap is why I was so glad to leave ATL.

Black mayors, ceo's, business owners, news anchors, chamber presidents, NPO presidents, various govt officials, sheriff, chief of police, the list goes on, and yet they still complain about diversity. Oh yeah, didn't a bunch of Americans just elect a BLACK PRESIDENT?

Diversity, in this case, would seem to mean not losing money in diverse enough ways.:laugh: So we will have to sue.

The sad part is the public is all over flight 3407 for lack of experience of the crew. And this should help.

Latest resources

Back