Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Black leaders unhappy about Delta Air Lines’ diversity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They proved they were good enough for promotion but are now being denied it because they are the wrong color. So where are the revs. to stop this racial injustice??? Oh wait it's only injustice if it works against your race.:angryfire

This is nothing new. Just wait til the Obama people seat their new Supreme Court Justice. It's gonna be a minority with "real world" experience- (read anti white male). Just wait... This is the new America. Like it?

Last edited:
This is nothing new. Just wait til the Obama people seat their new Supreme Court Justice. It's gonna be a minority with "real world" experience- (read anti-white). Just wait... This is the new America. Like it?

Hows that song go ""paranoia will destroya"

I don't have a dog in this fight, but as a history major in college I would like to point out that a meritocracy is a myth in this country. You all prove it with the rolodex you have of your buddies that work at such and such a place for when you need an in for that interview down the road, myself included. We all get where we get based on who we know whether we are a minority or otherwise, not necessarilly on qualifications alone. Can anyone of us honestly say there weren't better qualified applicants than ourselves that did not get the job simply because they did not have the right contacts. Why do you think Harvard, Yalies and Ivy Leaguers end up where they are. Don't kid yourselves.

funny how i was brought up taught that the best person gets to play ( sports) the best person gets elected, the best person gets the job etc-- only to find out in the real world that isnt the case and the reality of affirmative action and the reality of hiring two people b/c the affirmative action hire cant do the job and heaven forbid you fire the affirmative action person, b/c they cant do the job. So now the business just fired two people to do the work of one person.

UFB

and dont tell me it doesnt happen especially at airlines-- how many people out there have so many more hours and so many more recs and are just more qualified professionally and yet dont get the job and someone of lesser experience does due to their ethnicity or sex-- it's BS.

Hire the best and most qualified applicant regardless of sex or ethnicity.

SKIPPY

You would think the Colgan accident would drive the message home to them that pilots should be hired for being qualified, not what they look like.

I am a white male and spend 12/16ths of the year,or maybe even 3/4ths, working out of that $hithole. I am a minority. There IS a major need for diversity. How about hiring someone that is white,mexican,asian,etc.? I am not speaking specifically of Delta. Everywhere you turn and especially the airport, the employed are 97% African-American and the rest are of other races. I realize demographics play a huge part in all of this, but, how can anyone HONESTLY say that that the African-American population is not getting their fair share of the pie in ATL?

Latest resources

Back