Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Black leaders unhappy about Delta Air Lines’ diversity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing I can say to that article is... the most qualified candidate regardless of race, sex or any other discriminating factor such as these should get the job.. Companies should not be forced to hire based on anything other than the individual's qualifications..

I just saw a story about just this. A fire department for a city in New England (sorry I forget the city) is being sued by the WHITE firefighters because a test that was implemented for promotions to make things equal for all has been thrown out because not enough black people qualified for promotion because they couldn't score high enough on the SAME TEST. The white fighters are now (I'd say rightfully) claiming discrimination. They proved they were good enough for promotion but are now being denied it because they are the wrong color. So where are the revs. to stop this racial injustice??? Oh wait it's only injustice if it works against your race.:angryfire

You nailed it! If there were ever a time when they were not stirring the pot to create a perception of inequality they would not be able to extort or ask for large donations. Have you ever heard of any of these so called leaders having a real job? If so what and I would like to see proof that it's not some fluffed up job to keep them from having to work a real job.

These so called leaders do not want equality and they do nothing to help their community. Whose fault is it they have not prospered in this country? Why is it that folks immigrate to the US and within a generation have found the American Dream. I work with many non caucasian, non male pilots and all I have ever spoken to about this sort of shake down are insulted by it. It cheapens their own accomplishments and implies something was handed to them. They have all earned the right to be in the cockpit that I have flown withand I am proud to work with them. The Black community needs to stop letting these shakedown artists speak for them and let the voices of the likes of Bill Cosby and Colin Powell be the voice and influence to finding the American Dream.

Just one mans opinion, you're all welcome to your own.

Very well said!

I think there are basicly two factions to a given population, the motivated and the unmotivated. The individuals this article speaks of are "leaders" of the unmotivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11Drvr
You nailed it! If there were ever a time when they were not stirring the pot to create a perception of inequality they would not be able to extort or ask for large donations. Have you ever heard of any of these so called leaders having a real job? If so what and I would like to see proof that it's not some fluffed up job to keep them from having to work a real job.

These so called leaders do not want equality and they do nothing to help their community. Whose fault is it they have not prospered in this country? Why is it that folks immigrate to the US and within a generation have found the American Dream. I work with many non caucasian, non male pilots and all I have ever spoken to about this sort of shake down are insulted by it. It cheapens their own accomplishments and implies something was handed to them. They have all earned the right to be in the cockpit that I have flown withand I am proud to work with them. The Black community needs to stop letting these shakedown artists speak for them and let the voices of the likes of Bill Cosby and Colin Powell be the voice and influence to finding the American Dream.

Just one mans opinion, you're all welcome to your own.

Very well said!

I think there are basicly two factions to a given population, the motivated and the unmotivated. The individuals this article speaks of are "leaders" of the unmotivated.

Very well said x 2!

Yep, sorry Jesse and Al, but Obama's election as prez = end of white guilt. Time for you two to find another line of work.

It's funny how THESE numbers get swept under the carpet- 95% of voting blacks voted for our beloved Obama while the white vote was relatively a 50/50 split. Where's the outcry for these bits? And the whites are the racist ones? Come on now.

I apologize but I don't have the reference to these numbers but I vividly recall the jaw-drop.

As you were....

Gotta love it. I applied to a city police department recently and while talking to the recruiter he told me "you are a white male, you will have to score extremely high on everything in order to get on..." I have a college degree, served in the Marines and have been an airline pilot for 10 years, well at least I can take pride in the fact that due to my skin color I am held to a higher standard. Oh snap!

Black President, Black Leader of the RNP, majority in most pro sports, except Hockey. RAP rules to every young kid. Give me a break!!!!

WHITE IN SD

Latest resources

Back