Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Black leaders unhappy about Delta Air Lines’ diversity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its a well known fact that Delta doesnt hir black pilots. After being based at 4 different Delta hubs, Ive seen a total of 6 black Delta pilots. American has a lot. So does CAL,UAL, NWA, UPS, FDX, and SWA. Ive seen more black pilots at UPS in 1 month than I ever have at DAL. If your not female or ex military then you dont have a chance in hell.

What?

You serious PDub?

What you wrote is incorrect.

I'd say the mix at Delta is about the same as I've seen anywhere and the reason you might not observe as diverse a group in the terminal where you are at is because a few pilots split their time between flying and management jobs. One of those jobs is managing and participating in pilot recruiting.

Yes, being in the military does help, but we had three minorities in my class. One was a civilian from a Connection carrier.

Providing a candidate meets all the min criteria, then attitude makes most of the difference.

Last edited:
The only thing I can say to that article is... the most qualified candidate regardless of race, sex or any other discriminating factor such as these should get the job.. Companies should not be forced to hire based on anything other than the individual's qualifications..

Unfortunately, that comment is considered racist in today's brainwashed America.

Today, that will have you labeled "a racist."

Tomorrow, it may mean fines, jail, complete destruction of one's reputation.

When the white man makes an issue of it then you are called a white supremacist.

Take any literature promoting diversity:

Then, change any words applauding diversity, substituting "white" for "African-American."

What do you have?

White-Supremacist Hate-Speech

Examples:

"....promoting the culture, values, and interests of White people"

"...piloted by an all-White crew"

"ATL concessions are preferentially contracted to White-owned companies"

think it's funny?....

If your not female or ex military then you dont have a chance in hell.

I am neither female nor military and did not come from the commuters. I got hired by Delta without knowing anyone there and didn't have a single letter of recommendation from a Delta pilot.

When I attended a pilot job fair there in Atlanta I met with a black line pilot and had a very pleasant conversation. I left feeling impressed with the professionalism of the folks I met and was hopeful I could be part of it someday.

Last edited:
#1 on the seniority list at Delta is black... he's a lead LCA as well. Very very nice guy.

It so easy to hide behind your computers! Isn't it you cowards...none of you would have the b*lls to say this stuff to an african-american pilot's face...maybe you should try it sometime!

The ones I know usually say it to me.

Because my company doesn't have to deal with the ACLU or mandated miniority BS, the pilots I fly with, minority or not, all earned the right to be there and we all have respect for each other. With 22 different nationalities on the flight deck it is very refreshing not to have the added BS of discrimination, it just is never an issue.

The black pilots I fly with are sickened by the way certian minority groups in the states take away their credibility and openly have told me so.

Its a well known fact that Delta doesnt hir black pilots. After being based at 4 different Delta hubs, Ive seen a total of 6 black Delta pilots. American has a lot. So does CAL,UAL, NWA, UPS, FDX, and SWA. Ive seen more black pilots at UPS in 1 month than I ever have at DAL. If your not female or ex military then you dont have a chance in hell.

i may be wrong (maybe retired now)...but isn't the #1 seniority list pilot at Delta African American? He was on the cover of a magazine flying the first 777LR back from Seattle. I would have to say THAT is the best pilot job Delta has to offer...the #1 seniority list position at the largest carrier in the world??!!

i hear he is a blast to fly with and an excellent pilot!

oops! i didn't read all the threads prior to posting...someone beat me to it...apparently he is still flying and not retired.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back