• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you are just as ancillary as the rest of us. Enjoy pusing the autopilot buttons.

I do, until I decide tho engage the A/P, enjoy pushing the keys on the keyboard until its time for your break.

you can put anything you like on the release, but I review it and if I don't like it you get the call to change it.

And he has every right to tell you 'no.' Don't like it? Then the flight doesn't go, but it doesn't give you the right to bully him into accepting your opinion.

And while I'm at it, the same applies in reverse; chief pilot intervention nonwithstanding.

Well xPoop,
You work for me, not the other way around.

Until you sign his paychecks, he does not work for you. Even if it was a supplemental or part 135 operation, he still would not work for you. He works with you. He's not your slave.

Hahahahahaha

Walter, homer, xpoo:

You all work for skywest right ?
An at will company with no union protection right ?
So, you cheerlead for this crap company ?
Suck on this you idiots.
We, as pilots will leave to greener pastures and you koolaid drinkers will be stuck at skyworst albeit on top, (for now ) will be gone in five years so chill out Francis 'cause you all will be unemployed soon.

XPOO

I was flying jets and TP's long before I dealt with a dispatcher. Ancillary is a relative term as some are more expendable than others.

I was flying jets and TP's long before I dealt with a dispatcher.

Welcome to the world of 121 flying!

Seriously, though, there's one thing that people forget here: It doesn't matter what the pilots think. It doesn't matter what the airline thinks. It doesn't matter what dispatchers think. What does matter, is what the flying public thinks;
The very people that continue to keep us employed by buying tickets on our respective airlines.

If there's any suggestion that airline safety is going to be compromised by the reduction or removal of dispatchers, you can bet that the FAA is going to listen to the overwhelming outcry by the majority of tax paying citizens, not you.

Last edited:
You're just short of 14 years late on the welcome aboard, but thanks none the less. I value the importance of dispatchers I just wish there was a bit more standardization. I shouldn't be able to figure out who my dispatcher is by looking at my release fuel but can, on both extremes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back