Big League Beatdown of AFA Cadink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fast burners never impressed me

When talking of our truly great leaders of the past - you never hear them referred to as fast burners. Great leaders have great accomplishments - they motivated their subordinates to do unimaginable things. Fast burners on the other hand impress their bosses - non-controversial decisions that mirror the bosses will make fast burners.

When talking of our truly great leaders of the past - you never hear them referred to as fast burners. Great leaders have great accomplishments - they motivated their subordinates to do unimaginable things. Fast burners on the other hand impress their bosses - non-controversial decisions that mirror the bosses will make fast burners.

You are so very correct.

I couldn't agree more......So many times dudes move ahead because of the squares they've filled vs the deeds they've accomplished.

When my first squadron commander was a 2 degree (he was class of ’76) he wrote to President Ford and asked if he and his buddies could stay at the President’s house in Vail during spring break while the President was in D.C. President Ford said “yes” and gave them the keys to his pad for the week. What would Major F-15E do in the same situation, have the Secret Service arrest the Cadets? That dude needs to relax.

When my first squadron commander was a 2 degree (he was class of ’76) he wrote to President Ford and asked if he and his buddies could stay at the President’s house in Vail during spring break while the President was in D.C. President Ford said “yes” and gave them the keys to his pad for the week.
THAT'S a good story! Even better if it's really true!!

Latest resources

Back