• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big League Beatdown of AFA Cadink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far StrikeEagle guys "faking" a GAB during this cadet's ride, that shouldn't be too hard. Last time I checked, the 4th FW had about a 30% MX delivery rate. My last two 4vX's with the 4th FW turned into 4v2's after step. Major X should talk to someone about getting more jets in the air before he talks about who should and shouldn't get rides.

Magnum - I certainly remember that Strike Eagle 4v2 clown act...I was leading red if I remember right. Four 1986 F-16's providing red air to a ricockulous scenario on station on time. Four, no wait - two 1990's F-15E's on station 15-20 minutes late for their blue ACT ride (I think it was ACT LOL). :laugh:

What's my point? It's good to see you back on here! Couldn't lay off the crack cocaine otherwise known as FI huh?

C3C had some big nads asking for a ride in an F-15E in the first place--why not a ride in a C-130, C-5, C-17, or KC-135--hmmm, not glamorous enough. Guess things have changed since my time, cell phones vs. waiting 3 months & earning the right to use the pay phone for 5 minutes... Maybe a sense of entitlement has swept across the terrazzo.

I look down & see that my shoes are now brown...

Who cares that he wanted fighter rides. Maybe the kid wants to be a fighter pilot. When I was a C3C on summer break I asked for every T-38, F-16, and F-15 ride I could get (politely obviously). I wanted to fly fighters...did I have something against C-130's, C-5's, or C-17's, or any heavy du jour? Of course not, I just wanted to be a fighter pilot - it had nothing to do with entitlement at all. You've missed the entire point of the thread - the F-15E could have been any fighter with a 2 place cockpit...the point was the Major's haenious (sp?) email back to the kid. Is the Major a horrible dude - no, but common sense and courtesy were certainly lacking.

And yes, I flew F-15's...and no, I didn't have sex with my crew chief so don't even go there!! :smash:

This isn't about C-130's or heavies or fighters. It's about a kid knowingly going outside chain of command, harassing schedulers, then when the Bro's try to feed the kid a dose of reality, he cries to Mom. Now, some of you SNAP's (Magnum) take sides with the kid, someone who is evidently a product of the "entitlement generation". I take sides with the guy trying to do the job you get paid to do, defend the country, not give out joy rides.

Who cares that he wanted fighter rides. Maybe the kid wants to be a fighter pilot. When I was a C3C on summer break I asked for every T-38, F-16, and F-15 ride I could get (politely obviously). I wanted to fly fighters...did I have something against C-130's, C-5's, or C-17's, or any heavy du jour? Of course not, I just wanted to be a fighter pilot - it had nothing to do with entitlement at all. You've missed the entire point of the thread - the F-15E could have been any fighter with a 2 place cockpit...the point was the Major's haenious (sp?) email back to the kid. Is the Major a horrible dude - no, but common sense and courtesy were certainly lacking.

And yes, I flew F-15's...and no, I didn't have sex with my crew chief so don't even go there!! :smash:
I am very proud of you, typical "pointy, nosed Hero" response--bash the heavy community as the second rate choices. Amazing how humble you get at 30W... You know we all wind up in the right seat somewhere, as you have. I was more than happy to graduate & get through UPT. I never, ever put the cart before the horse. C3C certainly did. There are folks on your ops af break that coordinate those things--don't let your ego run amok & work those things on your own...

I think that C3C was out of line going VFR direct. Maj's response was probably not appropriate, but his AOC's debrief should have been as such...

Sorry, if I offended you as a cell phone carting cadet...

This isn't about C-130's or heavies or fighters. It's about a kid knowingly going outside chain of command, harassing schedulers, then when the Bro's try to feed the kid a dose of reality, he cries to Mom. Now, some of you SNAP's (Magnum) take sides with the kid, someone who is evidently a product of the "entitlement generation". I take sides with the guy trying to do the job you get paid to do, defend the country, not give out joy rides.

Dude, you have completely missed the point. Where was this "harassment" you keep talking about? How do you know the cadet elevated this? When an email is sent to 50 other guys, it's gonna spread like wildfire around the AF. I'm sure it was in the WG/CC inbox within 30 minutes. A LT scheduler can't handle an aggressive Cadet? The scheduler cries to mom (in this case, the Chief of Stan/Eval) to do his dirty work? This is not about whether the kid was correct or incorrect in having the nerve to ask for a ride (I mean, how dare he? A Strike Eagle ride?? OMG!) but is about the ridiculous, immature, mean-spirited, moronic response to a 19 or 20 year old kid that did much more than simply tell him "No ride for you, we're too busy." He took time out of his busy job defending the country to write the email in the first place, he went so far to read the kids high school blog, belittle his given name, make fun of him being a cadet, question his work ethic, whine about how his training squadron is at war, call him names, and just be an all around jerk. Now, if he had talked to a 19 or 20 year old A1C like that, he'd most likely be given an article 15 as a minimum. If you act like a dick, then don't be surprised when you get called one. The second ridiculous thing is the fact that he CC'd about 50 other 'bros' and asked them to pile on to his "mentoring" session. How is that acceptable to you? I'd expect a 15 year old to do that kind of crap, not a AF instructor/evaluator. Q-3 for judgement. If you honestly think it's cool to do what this guy did, then you've got a problem. It wasn't cool to treat people like this in 1976 and it's still not cool in 2006.

I am very proud of you, typical "pointy, nosed Hero" response--bash the heavy community as the second rate choices. Amazing how humble you get at 30W... You know we all wind up in the right seat somewhere, as you have. I was more than happy to graduate & get through UPT. I never, ever put the cart before the horse. C3C certainly did. There are folks on your ops af break that coordinate those things--don't let your ego run amok & work those things on your own...

I think that C3C was out of line going VFR direct. Maj's response was probably not appropriate, but his AOC's debrief should have been as such...

Sorry, if I offended you as a cell phone carting cadet...

For the down to earth heavy guys like Pkober and Deuce - please note that not once did I bash or insult the heavy community in any way. On the contrary I said specifically I have nothing at all against anyone flying a heavy, whatever the aircraft may be.

737ski - stop being a tool. And thank you for being proud of me...at least I know one person is.

Deuce, this is much ado about nothing, "the lady doth protest to much". If your taking this so seriously, peace my friend.

This MAJ in question must hone his writing skills here on Flightinfo.com, and be too use to flaming young punks. :)

This major seems to be very full of himself and I hope everyone looks for his name on your airline's interview list. You just might want to make the CP aware of this dude's desire to work for your company. IMHO, he has no business in the customer service (airline) industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back