• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big League Beatdown of AFA Cadink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Magnum, your right, I apologize, I forgot this is the age of the sensitive new age pilot. Let me also add:

There is no "procedure" or chain of command to go home on leave and ask a local squadron for a ride. Yes there is, call your numbered Air Force for an explanation. Like I said, I was the chief of scheduling in a fighter squadron 6 years ago and we got many calls like this. Only 6 years ago, well, at the MAJCOM and AF level, we recieved thousands. 20 years ago when I was chief of scheduling, I'll admit, we only received two or three a week. If this is your reference point, I again apologize for making it seem unreal to your point of view.

Poor 2LTs couldn't handle a C3C and went VFR direct to an O-4. Like it's been pointed out, they already tried the nice way, now they tried the tough love way. What was your comment about the chain of command again? Follow it, the C3C didn't. If the squadron scheduler had, that C3C would probably be walking lots of straight lines during lunch.

I was gunning Eagles long before you even knew what SNAP meant. You got me smiling on this one, unless you were flying in diapers, I don't think you were gunning an Eagle while I was around... Speaking of diapers, yours appear to be on a little tight right now...

I'll take his side every time in the air (when his chariot actually gets airborne), Are we back to flying chariots now?? Also, a fam ride is not a joy ride. Do you not know the difference between a FAM ride and an incentive ride, either? Uh, yes, seeing as I helped staff that reg about 12 years ago...[/quote]
In closing, sorry i offended you, good day.;)

Last edited:
That MAJ and LT scheduler and all their friends on the CC list make the entire fighter community look like a bunch of jackasses. They can play crud and drink jeremiah weed and jerk each other off all day for all I care, they're a bunch of F'ing tools and I hope to god everyone highlights his name and passes it to the CP at their airline so in a year when he wants to cross over to the customer service industry and has to deal with people his app will get tossed in the garbage. What a loser. I don't know what's worse, the prick Major or all the asskissing email responses back to the cadet. The entire thing makes me embarrased to be in the Air Force. FUBIJAR

This is the best post on this thread! The major will probably end up at FDX with all his other fighter buds and ding up an MD-11 in a few years.

Magnum, your right, I apologize, I forgot this is the age of the sensitive new age pilot. Let me also add:

In closing, sorry i offended you, good day.;)

That post was filled with gross hyperbole. You did not receive thousands of cadet requests at the NAF level. Further, if there is guidance (which I doubt) show it to me. This has been done since I was a cadet, pops. Further, any reg that you "staffed" (can't believe you admitted that one), is likely well out of date by now.

I didn't say I was gunning eagles in YOUR day...I likely wasn't walking the earth yet. I said I was doing it since before you knew what...ahh, never mind. I guess the mind does slow down in the later years. And, speaking of diapers, you might want to stock up on the Depends. If your mind is this weak already, your bladder can't be far behind.

Rest easy...you didn't "offend" me at all. Neither did the Major in question. Cause me to question your faculties, yes. Offend me, no.

Wow. If there was ever a time when I was glad I went to Navy and flew in the Marines instead of going to USAFA and flying for the AF, this thread is it...oh wait. Yeah, pretty much EVERY time I came up against AF discipline, leadership, esprit de corps or professional standards I felt that way, so this is just one more example...

Flame on, but for a grown man to display his childishness to someone who can't "fight back" in this way was WAY deserving of some serious "leadership re-schooling". Maybe my memory fades with time, but I can't IMAGINE a Marine officer taking the time to write such a piece of crap email in the midst of his busy day; can't IMAGINE him/her having the judgement lapse to send it even if it was written; and can't IMAGINE anyone seeing this as anything but a negative for the future of themselves personally, the unit where they work or the service whose uniform they wear.

Anyone who doesn't realize that everything they do in this day and age is under tremendous scrutiny is an idiot and deserves to be treated as such. PC? The guts to talk about the White Elephant in the room? A hero in squadrons around the world? Man, you guys really ARE blind to the world you live in and how people view the military culture---beware the culture shock when you realize not everybody likes you, not everybody thinks you're the Ace of the Base, and most people think you're an egostistical b**tard! Give them the ammunition that a story like this provides, and you cut yourself off at the knees a little more every day... Sheesh. Grow up, smarten up and get a clue about what "responsibility" means---in every aspect of serving your country and earning that paycheck. Major Dumba**, this means you.

Flame on, but for a grown man to display his childishness to someone who can't "fight back" in this way was WAY deserving of some serious "leadership re-schooling". Maybe my memory fades with time, but I can't IMAGINE a Marine officer taking the time to write such a piece of crap email in the midst of his busy day; can't IMAGINE him/her having the judgement lapse to send it even if it was written; and can't IMAGINE anyone seeing this as anything but a negative for the future of themselves personally, the unit where they work or the service whose uniform they wear.

Skip, most of us feel the same way. Don't smear the whole USAF officer/pilot corp because a few guys on this one message board support this guy's actions.

"Letting your kid grow up to fly EA-6's...now THAT'S child abuse."

Oh Magnum, another one of your 'My daddy can beat up your daddy' arguments. Hmmm, very impressive. :crying:

Oh Magnum, another one of your 'My daddy can beat up your daddy' arguments. Hmmm, very impressive. :crying:

Oh SB...he was only kidding...I'm sure the family truckster is fun to fly...hey, at least you got 3 other dudes in there you can BS with about who gets the hot bunk first right? :eek:

Guess someone can't take a joke. You shouldn't be so sensitive about flying Prowlers. Be proud of it SB, though it may be difficult at times!

And my old man probably could beat up your old man.

Latest resources

Back