• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big League Beatdown of AFA Cadink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow I never realized he was such a jerk. I wonder why he feels the need to act that way?

From what I've seen that's status quo for the fighter guys....

All kidding aside... In my short time as an Air Force pilot, I've seen some d-bags out there and I hate to admit that most of them have been fighter pilots.

ON THE OTHER HAND... some of the best guys I've met/flown with have also been fighter guys.

My point? In no way am I suprised that e-mail came from an Eagle guy. I guarantee you would never have seen such an e-mail from a 17/135/5/130 pilot to a cadet requesting an incentive ride. But then... what cadet would ever want a ride in a C-17....

Go have sex with your crew chief.

As a former F-16 crew chief I resent that remark. I spent days out on a cold snowy ramp to blistering hot days in the desert, and this major is right. Academy kids need to earn there way, they seem to think everything is rightfully theirs. I know maintainers who have busted there chops for 15 years who have not gotton rides. I hope you would agree they deserve first shot. I do agree the major could have been a little more tactful, but some people just need tuff love.

Let me guess... the Major isn't a Zoomie, while the Colonel is.

The Major puts his people first and he'd rather give them incentive rides than some C3C.

Nothing wrong with that. He just shouldn't have CC'd everyone and their mother...

Hopefully C3C Twinkletoes learned a thing or two out of this whole thing...

I fully agree with everything the Maj had to say, just not in the way he said it. I also wonder how much respect the Col lost from everyone under him completely crushing the Maj like that in public. Much better ways to handle the entire situation from all aspects. Ahhhhhhhh watching AF hijinks is fun.

all the while some 18 year old infantry dude is over in the sand box right now taking rounds for his country. . .

As a former F-16 crew chief I resent that remark. I spent days out on a cold snowy ramp to blistering hot days in the desert, and this major is right. Academy kids need to earn there way, they seem to think everything is rightfully theirs. I know maintainers who have busted there chops for 15 years who have not gotton rides. I hope you would agree they deserve first shot. I do agree the major could have been a little more tactful, but some people just need tuff love.

At Kadena AB in the early 1990's an F-15C pilot was caught giving a male crew chief a hummer. It's a true story and one folks outside the F-15 community love to remind Eagle guys about.

Latest resources

Back