Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2000flyer said:
Where the heck is the fourth gen on a Glex? Oh....thats what the pedals on the FO's side are for! ;)

SIX gens....SIX...and it needs all of them. You know...so 3 or 4 can break and you can still get around!

:0

like I said, Im up for that A340 deal...who needs a hotel...APU PARTY!

:D

We have also been developing a fleet replacement plan and the 2000EX is leading the pack so far. The CL604/605 was condsidered but has taken a back burner due to the decline in product support over the past couple of years. as mentioned earlier, the DA is great for the CONUS, 1900# diff. between max to and max ldg. means lots of home fuel. (I think its 1900# 2000flyer can check me on that). Ran the projected budget for a G350 and couldnt justify it with the higher fuel burns.(still a great aircraft just not right for us im afraid). Id like to hear more about the dispatch reliability on the DA if anyone wants to volunteer . Also do you have to reduce the size of the galley to accomodate ten seats? I think that was mentioned in a previous post. Great discussion so far thanks for all the info!!!

With all that said about warrany ect, we have had very little need to wish that we had an extended labor warranty. We have our own DOM and take advantage of OCIP (progressive mx). Whenever we have a labor warrany issue we can R&R the LRU in less than 1 hour. Including shipping we spent about $4,000 last year in varible MX costs. Quite frankly the airplane does not break very often. We have a Collins (non-EASy) 2000EX.

Mercury said:
Also do you have to reduce the size of the galley to accomodate ten seats? I think that was mentioned in a previous post. Great discussion so far thanks for all the info!!!

No. If you have 8 seats the back 4 are the same size as the forward club. If you have 10 seats the aft club seats are smaller to accomidate 6 instead of 4.

We have the latter set up and it works fine. We rarly have more than 6 pax, however.

We have cancled 1 flight in 2 years of operating our 2000EX (non_EASy).

I agree with G100, seems we go thousands of hours on Falcons without losing a trip.

I dont like how they fly, dont like how they perform, and dont like how they look....but they dont break.

and thats what matters.

Gulfstream 200 said:
I agree with G100, seems we go thousands of hours on Falcons without losing a trip.

I dont like how they fly, dont like how they perform, and dont like how they look....but they dont break.

and thats what matters.

LOL Now that funny I dont care who ya are :D

Thanks for the replies!

ultrarunner said:
That's not the only issue Legacy....firstly, to get max range on it, you gotta fly it at LRC, which is slow. Same issue with the CL. Not an issue with the G or the DA.

You don't need to fly Gulfstreams and Falcons at LRC to get max range?

You're all forgetting something...

Legacy captains will gladly work for $50K per year. Think of the money you'd save!

:rolleyes:

fokkerjet said:
You don't need to fly Gulfstreams and Falcons at LRC to get max range?

I "think" he meant to go from NY-Middle Europe the Legacy needed to go LRC...not a LRC trip in the G or DA...

Gulfstream 200 said:
I dont like like how they look....but they dont break.

and thats what matters.

How's that cane doing for you? Is it long enough as so you can feel the runway so you know when to flare?;) :D

Hey, to each is own. I perfer hot looking blonds, but I see thousands of fat chicks that are pregenant each day. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back