• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bible thumping in DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, being a former Minister of Music at an evangelical church, I haven't heard that much fowl language in defense of Christianity since my last choir rehearsal
I didn't read anything about chickens. What the hell are you talking about? :nuts:

Minhberg

Last edited:
rightrudder said:
A non-believer doesn't necessarily lead a destructive life and to harm to others including themselves, just like a believer can do bad things.

No, he doesn't lead a destructive life, he joins the ACLU.

rightrudder said:
Christians don't have a monopoly on behaving in a kind way with others.
Indeed. Based on my personal experience, having grown up in a Christian household, and then having been around both Christians and lots of Buddhists in the twenty-five years since, I'd say that American protestant Christians have way, way more than their fair share of ill-mannered, egotistical, selfish, judgemental human beings. Even in the Methodist church I attend now, rarely a Sunday goes by that I don't hear of some scandal, schism, or downfall involving a church member. And then consider the acts of violence, and ven murder, committed in the last ten years by Protestant Christians here in the US.

As a group, and speaking generally, I'm afraid I'd have to say that Protestant Christians are running a close second to Muslims as the worst of the lot among the organized religions. And considering what Christianity's prophet, a divinely-inspired populist teacher, actually taught, it's a sad commentary on how badly things have run off the rails. :(

Minh

Last edited:
It's sad, really... xjhawk's own belief ystem is so fragile that he feels threatened the moment another tries to discuss their closely held views. Just like the weak pilot that becomes a monster in the cockpit, trying to conceal their own insecurity.

Cardinal said:
Easy on the protestants there, Snakum. Do the crusades or perhaps the Inquisition ring a bell?
I wuz just try'n to keep it recent. :D

Minh

Personally, I almost never 'evangelize'. I doubt I would be any good at it. Let preachers like Billy Graham do it. If I am asked, I will reply. You can usually tell if someone wants to know more. If they do not, then why are you bothering?

Hey Snakum,

Are those who subscribe to the FSM faith open-mided? I mean, would you accept one who has an affinity for Angel Hair pasta or Fettucine versus Spaghetti? You can still include the meatball symbology for commonality. We could call it the Flying Angel Hair Monster, or Flying Lasagna Monster. I realize this would constitute a tacit endorsement of multi-theism, but maybe we could try to live in harmony with people of varying pasta preferences?:beer:

What ya think?

Latest resources

Back