bible thumping in DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spike said:
For Chrisitians, they are called and directed to share the Gospel with others, they want to help you get right with God. They don't think they are better than you, but it is their duty.

They are called not to keep it private but to tell all the people in the world.
You can't keep the best news in the world a secret.

You've been annoying us with your "news" for 2000 years. Quietly keep it to yourself.

pilotmiketx said:
You've been annoying us with your "news" for 2000 years. Quietly keep it to yourself.
Then you've been retired for at least 1,945 years. What are you complaining about?

Jesus said the gospel is offensive. It offends those who love their lives and the unholy things they do. I used to love my unholy life until I began reaping the wonderful consequences of sin. A little VD, alittle divorce, a little destruction here and there. It's so much fun. Yeh this Jesus guy that warned us about all these things in the Bible, we should keep it quiet so that all our friends can ruin their lives too. Alcohol addiction is wonderful. And the fun of worrying about getting a DUI on the way home from a bar, I love that feeling. Oh and what about the joy of wondering if you got AIDS from a girl you slept with ten years ago. Yeh this Jesus guy should be hung on a cross for destroying all our fun.

SkyWstman said:
Jesus said the gospel is offensive. It offends those who love their lives and the unholy things they do. I used to love my unholy life until I began reaping the wonderful consequences of sin. A little VD, alittle divorce, a little destruction here and there. It's so much fun. Yeh this Jesus guy that warned us about all these things in the Bible, we should keep it quiet so that all our friends can ruin their lives too. Alcohol addiction is wonderful. And the fun of worrying about getting a DUI on the way home from a bar, I love that feeling. Oh and what about the joy of wondering if you got AIDS from a girl you slept with ten years ago. Yeh this Jesus guy should be hung on a cross for destroying all our fun.

A non-believer doesn't necessarily lead a destructive life and to harm to others including themselves, just like a believer can do bad things.

I think that the original poster is upset because his email was obtained by this person from someone involved in his employment (his airline or his union). I had this happen to me at my former airline but it was usually for fun things like parties so I didn't mind too much. I had opened a new email account for the sole purpose of receiving company communications. When the email address got out to every pilot on property, it was difficult for me to cancel the email account when I quit the job, because I wanted to maintain communications with my former co-workers.

I gues what I'm saying is that I understand xjhawk's frustration at his email address being given out by his employer or his union without his explicit permission.

English, The Mesaba Pilot Directory is strictly voluntary. If you don't want your info in the directory then you simply don't submit the info. XJ MEC/LEC sends out forms for those pilots who want to be included in the directory. This guy has no Bitzch.

rightrudder, the Bible says there in not anyone righteous in the earth. So, Just because someone doesn't explore all the depths of sin does not mean they are righteous. Compared to some people a "good" non believer may seem righteous compared with his neighbor but we won't be compared to our friends and neighbors on that great day. We will be examined according to God's Word. The first commandment says "Love the Lord your God with all your heart...". A non believer may be good in his own eyes but he still hates
God. The only people that will be in heaven are those who love God. If you don't love Him here you won't love Him there.

Latest resources

Back