• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bible thumping in DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are those who subscribe to the FSM faith open-mided? I mean, would you accept one who has an affinity for Angel Hair pasta or Fettucine versus Spaghetti? You can still include the meatball symbology for commonality. We could call it the Flying Angel Hair Monster, or Flying Lasagna Monster. I realize this would constitute a tacit endorsement of multi-theism, but maybe we could try to live in harmony with people of varying pasta preferences?

Unfortunately ... we are not. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true faith and those who would advocate Angel Hair Pasta will never see the stripper factory nor the beer volcano. Rather, they will burn forever in hell, or .... be forced to move to Cleveland. Which ever is more painful. :(

Reject your heresy! Rejoin us as a true Pastafarian, worshipping the one true God. Be touched by HIS noodly appendage!

Rah-MEN!

Reverend Al Dente Fettuccini

Snakum said:
Rather, they will burn forever in hell, or .... be forced to move to Cleveland. Which ever is more painful. :(

Go easy on Cleveland. Yeah, the runways are a little close together and there are way too many hold-short lines, but in defense of the city, the Cuyahoga River hasn't burned in years...

I got wind of the email, the source of the thread. I now know the author and his intentions. This guy is truly a good guy and his purpose was only to unite the Christians from Mesaba that might be "idle" in their faith and experiencing a call back given these tough times at the airline. It's said that pain and suffering is God's bullhorn calling us back to him. In the wake of 9/11, I remember reading of the large attendances at religious services as people were "called back" by tragedy. The author simply was trying to "help back" people that had maybe drifted away. There was certainly no malintent to the email. Perhaps the content of this thread will cause the "offended" people to think about why they are so offended and what is causing the anger they are feeling.

... and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't so great, yet the Flats are cool.

MM

but in defense of the city, the Cuyahoga River hasn't burned in years
LMAO! True dat! :laugh:

Bert and Ernie

Snakum said:
Unfortunately ... we are not. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true faith and those who would advocate Angel Hair Pasta will never see the stripper factory nor the beer volcano. Rather, they will burn forever in hell, or .... be forced to move to Cleveland. Which ever is more painful. :(

Reject your heresy! Rejoin us as a true Pastafarian, worshipping the one true God. Be touched by HIS noodly appendage!

Rah-MEN!

Reverend Al Dente Fettuccini

I'm not sure that I can walk such a straight and narrow. The calls from other pastas are piercing my soul from without and within. Conchiglie, farfalle, fusilli, gemelli, gnocchetti, gramigna, lumache, lumaconi, orecchiette, radiatori, route, rotini, and trenne, canneroni, cannolicchi, cavatappi, garganelli, macaroni, maccheroncelli, manicotti, paccheri, penne, rigatoni, tortiglioni, and ziti, Angel hair, capellini, chitarra, fedelini, vermicelli, fettuccine, lasagne, linguine, pappardelle, riginette, tagliatelle, trenette, Acini di pepe, alphabets, anellini, conchigliette, ditali, farfalline, orzo, pastine, risi, stele, stortini, tubetti, agnolotti, pansotti, ravioli, tortelli, and tortellini (Did I miss any??):D

I feel I must go out in to the great beyond and query all pasta monsters and their great wisdom. There has to be more to life than the FSM. The anointed meat sauce is revered with many forms of pasta. The FSM is not the only one with "Noodly Appendages"!

Blasphemy! Blasphemy, I say! Repent your heresies that you may visit the stripper factory and drink from the beer volcano!

The Holy One has withdrawn his noodly appendage from you! Upon your death you will be sent to the Land of Cleve to atone for your sins forever and ever. Rah-MEN!

May the rest of you be touched by HIS noodly appendage!

Reverend Al Dente Fetticcini

Snakum said:

There are those who have split from the Mother Church:

The Reformed Church of Alfredo, which anoints its members with various sauces according to the appropriate holy day. Alfredans believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster has a nemesis called the Baked Ziti Beast, which takes all that is good and noodly and turns it into a sordid, dry, casserole-like affair. Alfredans are taught to avoid ziti and its relatives penne and mostaccoli in all their forms. Fundamentalist Alfredans believe that those who do not worship as they do will spend the afterlife caked in burnt sauce and cheese on the edges of the Baked Ziti Beast's casserole pan.

The Cult of Oregano, places special emphasis on the composition of the sauces, claiming that "without the oregano, nothing else would matter".

Beware of these cultists!

Seriously though...as humorous as the FSM site is, it gives me a nice way out of pesky religious interludes.

Nu

Well, had he of asked me i would have gone.But then iam Pentecostal. We are aways looking for GOD'S FAVOR. Because one favor from GOD it can and will change your circumstances for the better.

?????

LANDSCAPER said:
We are aways looking for GOD'S FAVOR. Because one favor from GOD it can and will change your circumstances for the better.

How do you know god is asking you a favor? Does John Ashcroft inform you that god is asking you for a favor ... a snake perhaps? Nevermind, they are one in the same.

Off to the pumpkin patch and go shopping for a daughter's halloween costume's!

Does John Ashcroft inform you that god is asking you for a favor ... a snake perhaps? Nevermind, they are one in the same.
Hey! Don't insult snakes like that. :(

Minh

xjhawk said:
I just got an E mail from one of our (XJ)Captains based in Dtw...about an invitation to a gathering of someone preaching JEsus

Just gotta love those southern god-fearing bible thumpers...

"...hi, welcome to the neighborhood...what church do you belong to...?"

good grief

Latest resources

Back