• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beware of (little johnny)cockpit visitors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're serious, right? Priests been boning little boys for hundreds of years, and they just started responding in earnest in the last 10 - mainly because of declining attendance and growing outrage. The point is it is only some priests - not all catholics.

You're serious, right? Priests been boning little boys for hundreds of years, and they just started responding in earnest in the last 10 - mainly because of declining attendance and growing outrage. The point is it is only some priests - not all catholics.
Sorry Dude,
People have not let priests bone their little boys for hundreds of years. Please show me that data that you are refering to. People responded to a known threat with outrage and they were willing to walk away from their religion over it. The Catholic church itself failed by covering up for these rapists, and when that was found out, the outrage and backlash was swift. In otherwords, when rank and file Catholics found out about the problem they shouted and demanded a just solution. The other part of the christian societies involved, the justice system, did not make excuses for the priests and prosecuted the priests to the full extent of the law. I sure wish Muslims would do the same with their murderers. Sigh.......one problem, the Koran and Hadith lay down Sharia law and apparently 9-11 was totally justified! So we (christians) punish our bad characters because of rage from within the religion as well as having a fair justice system and Muslims.........cheer when the twin towers come down!!! Good example.

Last edited:
these fuokin muslims just wanna destroy the world. They are told they get 100 virgins when they go to the promised land?.....well what they AINT told is the virgins are all guys!!!

friggin dumbasses

Fareview,

Actually, my palpable disgust concerning Islam is squared mainly at... Islam. Where you might think it extends after that is your own supposition. By cutely attaching some skewed, poignant vignettes to your post, you seek to deflect any criticism to much bigger arguments by attacking my empathy to the human condition. If it helps, ask if I can look the surviving family of Julius and Ethel Rosenburg in the eye and explain my equal loathing of Marxism.

Whether it offends your sensibilities or not, I find it disgusting that this religion has enslaved women and its highest religious leaders have condoned the murder of countless non-muslims (might want to educate yourself in your fair wit and wisdom with what's happening under the guise of the peaceful religion).

As for the tangled lives of many tragedies, I have wept with the best of them... and have served with the best of them also.

There's nothing like the tolerance in the middle east like an Israeli stamp on your Passport. Or a Bible in your luggage. I could be cute and ask if you have gone to the family's of suicide victims, like the Katz's, Leibowitz's or Stein's? Explained to them that you have no problem with the religion that has caused their pain. Educate yourself sir, to the possiblity that it is okay to hate the evil, intolerant and oppresive ideologies of the world and still love the people who are born into these systems. Its a big thought, so breathe really slow and take it in.

In love, though intolerantly yours...

You completely miss the point...you attack Islam in the whole and not extremism...a tiny minority that can do a lot of damage.

By perpetuating the myth that all are painted by the same brush ...you in effect lend credence to the extremists logic that all Americans should die...you in effect complete the circle of hate.

Thank goodness the American military who live in large numbers in Muslim countries...Turkey, Bahrain, Qatar etc. have a community around them that are willing to break that circle and host their valuable presence.

Respectfully,

fv

Last edited:
You completely miss the point...you attack Islam in the whole and not extremism...a tiny minority that can do a lot of damage.

By perpetuating the myth that all are painted by the same brush ...you in effect lend credence to the extremists logic that all Americans should die...you in effect complete the circle of hate.

Thank goodness the American military who live in large numbers in Muslim countries...Turkey, Bahrain, Qatar etc. have a community around them that are willing to break that circle and host their valuable presence.

Respectfully,

fv

Very well said. The point is that there is good and bad in any belief, country, whatever. To stand on a soapbox and point fingers is hypocritical and wrong.

Respectfully,

fv

I understand your point, although I do not agree with the framework of your argument. It is completely possible to detest an ideology and still not hate the average middle eastern villager/businessman/mother/son/cobbler, etc. Did we perpetuate the cycle of hate when we fought the Nazi's? No, we called a spade a spade. I have no doubt that many German families caught in the middle only wanted the best for their families, and to see them prosper. Doesn't change the fact that they were identified by a terrible ideology. Its the ideology, not the person. We can have grace and love for a people, and yet still detest a philosophy. I would dare say that the antithesis of Nazism is what our liberating soldiers saw in post war Germany. The "prophet" is very specific on the treatment of non-believers. I have experienced the best of Middle Eastern culture as well - a culture that is thousands of years older than Islam. The best of people that you have experienced - is the antithesis of Islam.

Respectfully -

JR

From the Nobel prize winning physicist Steven Weinberg:

“With or without [religion] you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion.”

Very well said. The point is that there is good and bad in any belief, country, whatever. To stand on a soapbox and point fingers is hypocritical and wrong.

Dan,

Two things...

If a man comes into your house and murders your family, are you going to call it okay because you know the depth of your own hypocrasy?

I imagine not.

Don't be lured into calling blue the color red to satisfy the colorblind. It may seem like the right thing to do because it doesn't stir the water, or rock the boat. But it is still a lie. Let's get away from moral relativism, as its logical conclusion is the bankruptcy of logic.

I know its tough and uncomfortable, but let's argue instead the merits of the ideology, and not let the broad strokes sweep the terrible things under the rug of a lazy idealism.

Don't know which way is better in terms of security, but over here in Japan there are no visits to the cockpit at all. We close the door before boarding begins and we exit only after all passengers have exit.

That is because they want the passengers to think the plane is automated. You know how those asians are about techie things. Who would get on a plane seeing some nips at the controls. Ever see how those people drive? Or maybe they dont want the people in the back to see the little Godzilla doll on the dash.

Latest resources

Back